1TB HD or 500GB with Raptor?

WReXSTi

Should I get a 1TB hd or should I get a 36gb raptor and a 500GB hd. I can use the Raptor for os and the 500gb for storage. Is it worth it? Is the raptor worth? DO I need the performance out of the raptor? (rig used for gaming and school use)

Should I get a 1TB hd or should I get a 36gb raptor and a 500GB hd. I can use the Raptor for os and the 500gb for storage. Is it worth it? Is the raptor worth? DO I need the performance out of the raptor? (rig used for gaming and school use)

Simply, NO you dont not need the Raptor. From what ive gathered, its not worth the price premium

go with the 1tb, i just got a 7200rpm WD 1tb for $84 and its fantastic

Edited by ShallowBay

price with shipping? does it have warranty?

I'll take $70 Shipped!!

1TBwarranty.png

There's the warranty end date, can't beat 5 year warranties :D. The drive has never been used by me as I bought it just to try it's logic board on my broken 1TB so I could recover my data off of it before I RMA'd (it didn't work :(). Now that I'm done that I don't need it anymore and it needs a good home.

I'm formatting it now so it will be all ready to go when you get it.

More specs on it

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'll take $70 Shipped!!

1TBwarranty.png

There's the warranty end date, can't beat 5 year warranties :D. The drive has never been used by me as I bought it just to try it's logic board on my broken 1TB so I could recover my data off of it before I RMA'd (it didn't work :(). Now that I'm done that I don't need it anymore and it needs a good home.

I'm formatting it now so it will be all ready to go when you get it.

More specs on it

Wow... wait lemme work things out... lol

get the 6GB of memory!! And the 1TB isn't going anywhere if you need time to get money together.

O... well i need a HDD and i mite just get a 500gb. Also, i never used for that 300.

depends on your storage needs. If you dont really need 1tb of storage, then get more ram. Obviously you'll need a 64bit os to see more ram though.

I got the OS covered. I'll try 2 get 6gb ram.