HL2 Trouble

MrNiszl

When ever i try and run half life 2 or counter strike source i get an error say "hl2 demo is unable to run mods". Does anyone have a sollution to this or can help me? im running vista64!

Yes i do, but i got a patch because i have 2 pc's and want the game on both. I use to be able to play it pefect with my cd key and after that with my patch on windows xp but ever since i got vista64 it wont work

Yes i do, but i got a patch because i have 2 pc's and want the game on both. I use to be able to play it pefect with my cd key and after that with my patch on windows xp but ever since i got vista64 it wont work

AKA - you modded the game to bypass the copy protection and now it doesn't work.

Solution: buy another copy or play on one PC at a time like you're supposed to.

AKA - you modded the game to bypass the copy protection and now it doesn't work.

Solution: buy another copy or play on one PC at a time like you're supposed to.

:withstupid:

You don't need to patch the game to install it on multiple PCs as long as you're only playing from one machine at a time, so it seems you're trying to evade copy protection, and if that's the case, this isn't the place to ask for advice, sorry.

well he shouldn't run both games at once, but otherwise, he can just reinstall the games via steam if problem persists

suppose the friend u wanna play the game with has a steam account with the game, then u'll be able to play the games otherwise u will not be capable of playing it on two PC's, unless ur willing to wander into what is considered foul play on these forums

Edited by molotovdaskwerl