windows can not complete format

N.E.A

hello every one , i am trying to format ( C ) which has xp , i am doing this on vista which is installed on the same HD but in (E) , when i try to format a message appears and tells me : windows can not complete format ............

i want to format ( C ) because when the system boot up it shows me 2 choices earlier version of windows and vista

i do not want this to appear again ....i want to power on and run vista right away

what shall i do .....?

Edited by N.E.A

hello every one , i am trying to format ( C ) which has xp , i am doing this on vista which is installed on the same HD but in (E) , when i try to format a message appears and tells me : windows can not complete format ............

i want to format ( C ) because when the system boot up it shows me 2 choices earlier version of windows and vista

i do not want this to appear again ....i want to power on and run vista right away

what shall i do .....?

This is why I recommend doing two separate hard drives for two separate OS/s...and NOT using boot loaders...

The boot loader is probably on your vista drive (or both). I'm not sure how to fix it after you've nuked the C drive...but, I'm sure google can help you there. Unplug the vista drive. Boot into something like your XP cd. Get going through the "install" process, and you should be able to delete all of the partitions on C, and format 'em. I've used the XP cd for this before, and I've never had a problem. However, you'll have to fool with the vista bootloader afterward (probably editing a text file - maybe just remove a line - when you're in Vista). It's even more of a headache when the bootloader is for an OS you don't want.

Good luck...and unplug all your other hard drives when you install operating systems on separate hard drives! Just use your boot device (motherboard) select for where you want to go and everything is PEACHY. :lol:

Edited by Crazy_Nate

thank you ,

but can i go to xp and control panel then uninstall programs and i remember seeing ( uninstall windows ) will that work

thank you for your help ....... :thumbs-up: :rolleyes: