Diablo II B.net thread

Andrewr05

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone help me with the chat system in D2? I don't seem to understand it, having always played LAN I don't have any experience with it.

If you're trying to whisper to someone, I believe you do the following, IIRC:

Hit "Enter" to bring up chat in-game

Type: /w *accountname

(where accountname is the person's account name you're trying to reach)

I'm pretty sure you can substitute the account name for the person's character name as well, if you know that instead.

Level 97 Hdin on US East Softcore Ladder and with some other characters. My account is Legato[oD]

Save me a Shadow Dancers from when they end Ladder season :D. So hard to find someone trading their on non-ladder. If you generally give away your toons or gear after ladder ends, I'll gladly put them to good use on non-ladder :D.

I've never had a B.net character over lvl 22.

In fact... :ph34r: I'm not gonna lie... I've never even beat Diablo II: LOD. (I have beat the original Diablo and Diablo II a few times)

I've come close but I always do other things and forget about my characters and then just make new ones.

I like to do a character build, obtain awesome items, kill andariel and then make a new character and do it all over again.

Ocassionally I'll go all the way up to act III for crap&giggles but I rarely make a high level character...

In fact... :ph34r: I'm not gonna lie... I've never even beat Diablo II: LOD. (I have beat the original Diablo and Diablo II a few times)

I've come close but I always do other things and forget about my characters and then just make new ones.

I like to do a character build, obtain awesome items, kill andariel and then make a new character and do it all over again.

Ocassionally I'll go all the way up to act III for crap&giggles but I rarely make a high level character...

man your missing over half the game, you usually don't even get any of the cool skills till lvl 30, not to mention all the uber Hell items.

Ive been playing for about 4 days an I'm lvl 31, no rushing either just playing the game mostly solo, sometimes with some other people.

I've had plenty of high level characters, I wont go as far as to say that I've exhausted the skill types and different "builds" but I've had my fair share of high level characters.

I just prefer to do the lower acts with a bunch of different character builds for the hell of it.

Excellent replay value if you ask me...

I do this as well, when I was really into this game when I was younger I beat hell difficulty with the barbarian but after that I didn't see a lot of reason to go and do that again, I just like to make different characters and try out different skill sets, most of them I play to about level 40 or 50 though.

Also, I just remembered why I don't enjoy playing this game online and stuck to LAN most of the time when I used to play it, PvP, I don't enjoy PvP on diablo 2.

Edited by Deathmineral

mages suck in NM and Hell, especially the latter, even when they're maxed and skel mastery is maxed. Resistances are too high in Hell and mages don't do much damage to begin with.

One is weak in hell but with good gear and a ton of them stacked the dps is insane. They don't die often either since you should be using nigma to keep them in order, and clay golem as a meat shield, which has aggro priority over pretty much anything(and obscene hp boost in hell)..

I can show you hell chamber runs with my nooby lvl 88 skelemancer that are faster then a lvl 99 maxed out hammerdins :). I don't even bother lvling it anymore since a well geared summoner is OP by lvl 85, and I have I have a lot more fun with the bone and psn necs.

Acct PuckDracon@USEast NL...let me know if anyone needs gear or help - esp for necs!

If you guys can get some 90s together I have some organs and keys lying around for Gubers.

I heard that in patch 1.13 there is supposed to be the ability to re-skill so you wont have to level up over and over again to try different builds.

Don't see the real point...the important levels are very easy to lvl through to remake a build if you mess it up. Leveling doesnt slow down till around 60, and if you have the resources and time you can make a char 90 in under a week.

I have not seriously played D2LOD since 1.09 anyway. Enigma officially murdered PvP in diablo. If 1.13 removed it, and turned all the enigmas back into 3os armored and put the runes in the chars inventory I would come back in a heartbeat though!!! I would settle for just removing the teleport skill, even if it keeps the insane STR bonus...just remove teleport PLEASE!

::edit:: Maybe just adding a casting delay when you are hostile to anyone would be sufficient so the MF chars don't get shafted.

It's nice to dream, lol.

Edited by Puck