Patriot's 64GB Torqx Solid State Drive Reviewed

Nemo

It'd definitely be a boon to OCC reviews if we had actually had real load times in the reviews. Synthetic benchmarks only go so far...

EDIT: I assume the Intel drive is a 50 nm X-25M but it's not really stated anywhere. Is that correct?

Edited by Waco

It'd definitely be a boon to OCC reviews if we had actually had real load times in the reviews. Synthetic benchmarks only go so far...

EDIT: I assume the Intel drive is a 50 nm X-25M but it's not really stated anywhere. Is that correct?

It is an ES drive but was used for comparison. By load time you are looking for post to login or post to the OS screen cutting out the password login?

Pssst "an image of Widows Vista Ultimate 644bit SP1"

What image is of value to you so I can oblige!

It is an ES drive but was used for comparison. By load time you are looking for post to login or post to the OS screen cutting out the password login?

Ah. Is it akin to the X-25M then?

By load times I mean general usage load times like booting, loading up Photoshop, game level load times, that sort of thing. People can see big numbers and think "ooh fast!" but if you can show them their load times cutting in half it'll make for a much more real-world review.

What image is of value to you so I can oblige!

The original quote says 644bit, I believe he meant it should read 64-bit.

EDIT: Looks like it was fixed.