Sign in to follow this  
Andrewr05

GRID: drifting competition?

I was playing Grid earlier today and I forgot how much I love drifting in videos games.

edit, lets try those.

Lets have a competition:

• Drift GP
  • Toyota Soarer
  • Okutama Drift Circuit
  • Drift Circuit
  • 2 laps

I don't even know if anyone wants to.

:P

But the offer is up if anyone want to post up some screenshots of their scores...

i'm in :ph34r:

grid2009082322484043.jpg w1280.png

andrew, i think you should let people use their own favorite car, i prefer S15 :)

Edited by panjang110

Yeah, I was thinking that but i kind of wanted to keep it one set of rules.

The cars handle so differently and take such different lines that some tracks just work so much better with a certain car.

(at least in my opinion)

winv.th.jpg

Another thing I noticed is that the score screens don't show which track was used or how many laps were selected (even on the screen with more info like the one I took a screenshot of), unfortunately that means someone could cheat.

I guess we'll just have to trust each other.

yeah, i guess you're right most of the time i use s15 but in freestyle i use corolla, different power for different track. the toyota soarer got a balanced power/handling so i guest it's suitable for multiple discipline

i got an idea, what if we take the screen shot just before the finishing line. that way we know how many lap there is :) just don't forget to break the drift first to get all points before taking the screen shot, about the track i'm pretty sure nobody can cheat that hehehe :P

Edited by panjang110

i got an idea, what if we take the screen shot just before the finishing line. that way we know how many lap there is :) just don't forget to break the drift first to get all points before taking the screen shot,
I was thinking that but my very last drift is usually over the finish line to squeeze every last point out of the track.

about the track i'm pretty sure nobody can cheat that hehehe :P
Well nowhere on either of our screenshots does it say the track name, you could be doing drift circuit B and also nowhere does it say the number of laps either.

So essentially I could do a 5 lap race and tell you that i did a 2 lap race and get like 20 million points.

But I wouldn't do that...

;)

We can try the s15 if you want.

Go with trust. I just got this on the Xbox 360, so can join in sometime when I actually have time to live in the evenings.

yeah the most I've gotten is that 7 million one, I've yet to beat it yet but admittedly I haven't been paying it much in the last week...

WOW

Just spent 35-40 minutes trying to beat my score of 7,636,433.

I think I did.

:lol:

I just wish the replay showed the drift scoring.

I was going to record that whole race but that one was a crappy one, it just didn't feel right (especially since the last 5 I screwed up half way through and was yeling expletives through the house) so I didn't bother hitting scrl lock + v.

I wish I had.

The replay will have to do:

9,000,000 point drift

Merely check the score, look at the car, recognize the track and count the laps.

:)