Windows 7 issue

JBags

ok despite what my sig says i put everything back to auto default, disabled all the speedstep n stuff in bios and did a complete full format of the partition im using for the install. i reloaded w7rc7100 from scratch and i'm blogging on it now....it sems to be working fine so far so i'm gonna try to get crysis up and running as is....i'll get back to ya's :D

waco and doc b, you guys blow me away...!!

the clean install works fantastic...i just loaded up crysis and played past the ship on land in less than an hour....not a single bobble on full screen high spec and 4 aa...!!

now i'm gonna raise the bar and see if i can still run amuk at very high but first i gotta get all the patches and apply them

thanx alot guys you really helped me out ...

cj

:D

no problem man...you're welcome....

I know from experience how fussy Vista is with ram and it only makes sense that Win7 is too...not near as bad but it is still...it does make a big difference...you may be able to clock a little higher in Win7 but the install should be done at the most stable settings...

Enjoy

If you want to be sure you're absolutely stable make sure you can pass 4 hours of IntelBurnTest on the largest problem size you can run with your RAM. I have yet to see an unstable system make it through such a horrific test. :P

On Vista and Win7 I just run the memory test prior to loading the OS...at stock setting any rig should pass if the ram is set to specs...

Yes, but just because the RAM is stable doesn't mean the CPU or Northbridge are. :)

Yes, but just because the RAM is stable doesn't mean the CPU or Northbridge are. :)

at stock settings it will be...if it's not you got way more problems then installing teh OS...

any PC should pass any stability test at stock settings...

at stock settings it will be...if it's not you got way more problems then installing teh OS...

any PC should pass any stability test at stock settings...

Many chipsets and CPUs can't run high speed memory at stock settings though. :P

Hell, I've seen plenty of stock systems (custom and prebuilt) fail IntelBurnTest after a few hours.

Many chipsets and CPUs can't run high speed memory at stock settings though. :P

Hell, I've seen plenty of stock systems (custom and prebuilt) fail IntelBurnTest after a few hours.

today i just don't have the time to run intel burn test for 4 hours, theres to much going on. but i did run 1 set (5 passes) on max and so far it passed with flying colors. granted its not several hours worth but it does give me an some idea...

B:)