I think my 6800 died

redfish

I think my 6800 is dead BUT it is a xfx they still have a lifetime warrenty right? i heard that if they cant replace it they will send you a newer card? :blink: this all sounds to good to be true. Has any one sent in a older card like mine? thanks

BTW it's xfx 6800 xtreme 256mb ddr3

Edited by redfish

Yup, that's pretty much what all the manufacturers should or will do with graphics card RMAs. When I RMA'd my evga 6800GT, I guess they lucked out because they had the same model on the shelf (512 mb version), but that was years ago.

I wouldn't expect too much from XFX, but, just about anything current (7, 8, 9 series) will be a large improvement over a 6800. They pretty much give you a comparable card, but it really depends on what they have.

Best of luck :)

Edited by Crazy_Nate

dude, that chip is old. I would just forget about what they will give you as a replacement and drop $100 on a newer card such as a 9800 GT. But if they honor there warranty and send you a older card still don't expect to be to impressed with your graphics. The 9800 will be a significant improvement over the 6800, you could probably pay a lot of the newer games on lower res setting too.

Sorry did not know, I figured that you were just one of those people who upgrades every 8 or so years lol. Yeah they might give you a 8400 they have lying around, but don't get your hopes up as 6800s are still incredibly available for how old they are. Walk into any walmart and they are most likely what you will find.

:lol: I still have my 6800GT...I should stick it an older computer until it finally gives up the ghost...and then RMA it to eVGA...

When I bought it, it was top-of-the-line....you can get a 285 for that kind of money nowadays :)

I had a 6800gt that died but with PNY if your don't register the card you only get a year, I hope that's not the case for you with XFX.

Btw I still have a 6600gt 6800 and a 7600gs all agp cards. <_ <_< <

i saw there seems to be alot of them 6800s floating around BUT i have not found any that are xtreme model and i was hoping they would give new a card rather than downgrade me. =p they might just throw me a GT i think they where i a bit better the XT. but i can hope for that 8600 or 9500 :D

Edited by redfish

i saw there seems to be alot of them 6800s floating around BUT i have not found any that are xtreme model and i was hoping they would give new a card rather than downgrade me. =p they might just throw me a GT i think they where i a bit better the XT. but i can hope for that 8600 or 9500 :D

I am interested to know what happens with this one, please keep us posted.