Build for 700

WReXSTi

I am looking for a gaming build for 700. It should be an i7 or AM3. I am looking for the best possible build and I already have a 700w ModxStream PSU. I only need a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, VGA card, Hard Drive, and case. No sound card or CPU cooler. Thanks for looking.

Edited by WReXSTi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a gaming build for 700. It should be an i7 or AM3. I am looking for the best possible build and I already have a 700w ModxStream PSU. I only need a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, VGA card, Hard Drive, and case. No sound card or CPU cooler. Thanks for looking.

CPU-955 X4

Memory- 2x2gb 4GB 800mhz 4-4-4-12

Board: any decent board with the 790 northbridge and the 750 southbridge

Graphics:can't say since I don't know what resolution you are intending but I'd pick this last and get the best you can fit in after everything else.

Hard Drive: Either a Seagate 7200.12 or Western Digital Caviar Black in the capacity you need (whichever is cheaper)

Case:This one is hard to make recommendations for since everyone likes different styles and have different needs from their case. I really like my dad's Antec 300 personally

Edited by IVIYTH0S

CPU-955 X4

Memory- 2x2gb 4GB 800mhz 4-4-4-12

Board: any decent board with the 790 northbridge and the 750 southbridge

Graphics:can't say since I don't know what resolution you are intending but I'd pick this last and get the best you can fit in after everything else.

Hard Drive: Either a Seagate 7200.12 or Western Digital Caviar Black in the capacity you need (whichever is cheaper)

Case:This one is hard to make recommendations for since everyone likes different styles and have different needs from their case. I really like my dad's Antec 300 personally

Should I get ATI or Nvidia? A 790fx or a 980a?

I personally like the Antec Nine Hundred (can get it for Zipzoomfly for 104 shipped)

I will be playing on a 1600x900 resolution.

What about DDR2 1066?

CPU+MOBO

Crucial Ballistix

Samsung Spinpoint?

Antec 900

Video Card? any recommendations? I have around 160 for a video card. I will be playing on a 1600x900 monitor.

Edited by WReXSTi

Should I get ATI or Nvidia? A 790fx or a 980a?

I personally like the Antec Nine Hundred (can get it for Zipzoomfly for 104 shipped)

I will be playing on a 1600x900 resolution.

What about DDR2 1066?

CPU+MOBO

Crucial Ballistix

Samsung Spinpoint?

Antec 900

Video Card? any recommendations? I have around 160 for a video card. I will be playing on a 1600x900 monitor.

what's a 980a?? I've never heard of that.

Nvidia or ATI depends on your price range. Though for that resolution I'd get a 4870 1GB or GTX 260. (I have a feeling you'd have a great deal of money left so you could get a 4890 or 280)

I see nothing wrong with getting the 900 if that's what you like, case's aren't my specialty :D

As for DDR2 1066mhz, it won't benefit ya since you wouldn't need the OC'n headroom with the unlocked multi.

what's a 980a?? I've never heard of that.

Nvidia or ATI depends on your price range. Though for that resolution I'd get a 4870 1GB or GTX 260. (I have a feeling you'd have a great deal of money left so you could get a 4890 or 280)

I see nothing wrong with getting the 900 if that's what you like, case's aren't my specialty :D

As for DDR2 1066mhz, it won't benefit ya since you wouldn't need the OC'n headroom with the unlocked multi.

980a is a motherboard chipset :P

Only faw is that its kinda new but no ddr3 support.

Well it's not new at all, it's a rebadged 780a. Also there is no question of DDR3 support or not; the chipsets on the AMD platform have nothing to do with DDR3. The memory controller is integrated in the CPU, not in the northbridge.

For example, the 7-series chipsets have been released way before the Phenom IIs. But guess what? The exact same chipsets are present on AM3 motherboards.

Well it's not new at all, it's a rebadged 780a. Also there is no question of DDR3 support or not; the chipsets on the AMD platform have nothing to do with DDR3. The memory controller is integrated in the CPU, not in the northbridge.

For example, the 7-series chipsets have been released way before the Phenom IIs. But guess what? The exact same chipsets are present on AM3 motherboards.

:O Ok. SO I shouldn't get a 980a? or a 780a?

EDIT: The 780a doesnt have AM3 support and the 980a does.

How about this?

Edited by WReXSTi

:O Ok. SO I shouldn't get a 980a? or a 780a?

EDIT: The 780a doesnt have AM3 support and the 980a does.

How about this?

nvidia chipsets are a joke. Go with chipsets made by your chip maker. I had a 680i and a 780i (rebranded 680 with new southbridge) before my P45 and they both couldn't overclock worth a poop and the 680i was so fickle with memory overclocking. SLI isn't worth having your OC's limited.

get a nice AM2+ board (or if they make AM3 boards with DDR2, do that)

nvidia chipsets are a joke. Go with chipsets made by your chip maker. I had a 680i and a 780i (rebranded 680 with new southbridge) before my P45 and they both couldn't overclock worth a poop and the 680i was so fickle with memory overclocking. SLI isn't worth having your OC's limited.

get a nice AM2+ board (or if they make AM3 boards with DDR2, do that)

They have an ASUS M4A79 thats DDR2 and AM3

Edited by xvCluTchvX