Motherboard search

I'm building a new gaming rig. Today i got my CM sniper case,CM V10 cpu cooler ,and CoolMax CUQ 1350M Psu .

Now looking for M/B I usually get evga but not a must. Will be running Intel i7 cpu ,not sure of mem will look into

that later.

Thanks.

Edited by dling

Great power supply by all accounts. Can I ask why you've gone for such a high powered unit?

If the answer is because I wanted to then that's good enough for me! ;)

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

Great power supply by all accounts. Can I ask why you've gone for such a high powered unit?

If the answer is because I wanted to then that's good enough for me! ;)

Cheers

Paul

It was one of the recommended psu on this site. I wanted above 1kw , on off switch and modular .

The price was very good for that much power.

I know , it's a lot . :blink: I remember getting a 600w psu and thinking I will never need more power. :)

Edited by dling

EVGA has excellent X58 models.

I do like evga ,both of my vga cards r evga as well as my M/B. :thumbs-up: Which of their boards are good oc'ers?

I do want sli, but not both sli and crossfire. Willing to go as high as 250.00, but hoping not to.

Thanks.

I do like evga ,both of my vga cards r evga as well as my M/B. :thumbs-up: Which of their boards are good oc'ers?

I do want sli, but not both sli and crossfire. Willing to go as high as 250.00, but hoping not to.

Thanks.

Crossfire is enabled by default on the X58 chipset. If it can SLI, it can also crossfire.

I read however that NVIDIA may be developing a new Intel chipset. If it happens, you might see in a while i7 motherboards supporting only SLI, if that's what you want.

Source: http://icrontic.com/news/is-nvidia-prepari...nehalem-chipset

Crossfire is enabled by default on the X58 chipset. If it can SLI, it can also crossfire.

I read however that NVIDIA may be developing a new Intel chipset. If it happens, you might see in a while i7 motherboards supporting only SLI, if that's what you want.

Source: http://icrontic.com/news/is-nvidia-prepari...nehalem-chipset

I looking at ordering the mobo this weekend.