Sign in to follow this  
xPETEZx

Windows 7 Pro

Hey All,

Just posting to let anyone with an MSDN AA account, that Windows 7 Professional just got put up! You get 2 keys, 1 32-bit, and 1 64-bit. But I just used the 320bit key on a 64-bit install! So basically you just get 2 keys!!

I think its the full release, as no-where on it, it says RC, beta or anything. Just 7 Pro.

Install was very quick. Using it on my second PC for now. Wait till its properly battle tested. Probably move to it on my main rig in the new year.

Anyone else running the RTM? Whats your experience been like so far?

You're talking about this, right?

Can i just sign up free and get those keys too?

EDIT: Just found the school search thingy, seems i can't get it...

Edited by PingoPongo

I got Windows 7 Ultimate RTM through technet a couple of weeks ago with technet you get 1 key that can be activated on 10 different computers as many times as you want.

I so far I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop and my main rig. The install on my main rig went without a problem only had to find 1 driver and then everything worked fine. The install on my HP HDX 18 was a little bit more tricky because there weren't as many drivers included in the install so it took some work to find the drivers and to test which one worked and which ones didn't plus I had to do a dual boot with XP which was tricky.

Otherwise I haven't had any problems with it works great just as stable as Vista and a bit more quicker then it too.

Oh, boy :) Thank you universities! I've been using the RC on the GF's computer. It runs great. I'll be sure to install this before I graduate :)

Oh, boy :) Thank you universities! I've been using the RC on the GF's computer. It runs great. I'll be sure to install this before I graduate :)

Computer engineers don't get it at mine... what the heck lol

Computer engineers don't get it at mine... what the heck lol

Just cozy up with a computer science student. :P

Yea this is friggin lame, the IT kids at my college get MSDNAA accounts but the damn computer engineers dont. What gives.

Ive been running win7 Ultimate x64 for about 2 weeks and i love it.Aero peek is really cool.

I installed 64 bit 7 on one of my tech bench PC's at work. 8 Gigs of RAM, Core 2 Duo CPU. The thing absolutely flies. I cannot wait to update all of my pc's to it.

Wonder if I can get a discount through my school. They are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner? Any ideas? Perhaps I'll make an inquiry.

Got it yesterday from msdnaa and installed today. took me about 45mins all said and done to get back to where i was with vista.

now to figure out the new stuff and ill be set