1st post > Newbe with an I7 build

P.TRIV

Thanks everyone for all your help as a result I concidered parts I would have never looked at.

I did upgrade the Vid card just a bit to the GTX 275 was 40.00 difference.

I took your advice on the Mushkin memory, it seems to be popular in the forums, again no difference in price to speak of.

Added a 2nd hard drive this time went with Western Digital....see post #1 shows all.

so next week I'll be posting needing your help to get this together I'm sure !

Thanks everyone for all your help as a result I concidered parts I would have never looked at.

I did upgrade the Vid card just a bit to the GTX 275 was 40.00 difference.

I took your advice on the Mushkin memory, it seems to be popular in the forums, again no difference in price to speak of.

Added a 2nd hard drive this time went with Western Digital....see post #1 shows all.

so next week I'll be posting needing your help to get this together I'm sure !

cool it should definitely be a great machine! (280s can be found for like $220 on ebay too ;))

Hi all

I've been snooping for weeks gleaning great stuff from the lot, wonderful forum. Anyway I do work and play on computers but have never built one to date and after reading thru the material here it sorta seems dumb not to.

Here is a list of parts I'm considering the only thing I've ordered so far is the hard drive

(it went on sale w/free shipping)....please feel free to poke sticks at me like I said I'm a newbe but looking fwd to building this so any help is appreciated and this looks to be a great place to get that help.

CASE: COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 Full Tower (ordered)

HARD DRIVE: (ORDERED) Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA 1.5TB 7200 RPM

would a smaller drive for the OS & programs be a good thing, using the larger

drive for data? I've seen a few posts on this but I'm still not too clear with it.

#2 (ORDERED) Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 ORDERED

PSU: CORSAIR 850TX ORDERED

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 ORDERED

CPU Cooler: NOCTUA NH-U12P SE 2 FAN ORDERED

Video Card: EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448- bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI Supported

Memory: mushkin 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

ORDERED

I'd like to put a tv card into it as well....stop paying for TVVO!

suggestions on these cards would be nice. I can't seem to find one with dual digital tuners they seem to pair them with an analog tuner or maybe I just don't understand the terms.

Oh I like to convert videos, some gaming, multitasking while surfing....heck I just like a

screamer!

Looks like a smokin system!

Well 1 hard drive and the case came in today. Jeez the scale of to days cases!...HUGE

I knew the dimensions but it is still surprising when you see it in person. i do like it, seems

well built, looking forward to putting some guts into it :thumbs-up: