Realtek ALC889A beeping

Andrewr05

My Realtek ALC889A (onboard) is faintly beeping through the front panel jack of my P182 when I plug my headphones into it (right channel is more pronounced but the left channel does it as well) even with the volume down.

I'm fairly certain that is some sort of interference but I can't figure out what the HELL it is and its driving me insane!

I'm thinking its the case connections that have screwed up somewhere because the rear audio out doesn't do it but the front case connections do...

Any thoughts?

Got another computer case laying around that has front audio jacks? You could try swapping the cable, or the whole jack/cable assembly if it doesn't unplug from the front panel PCB. If the rear jacks are working fine, I'm going to blame the cable/jack assembly on the front bezel. I would put about a 75% chance on it being that, with the leftover chance of it being the header on the motherboard.

Edited by airman

It's likely just interference from the line. Can you move the cable inside the case away from any major components?
I could... But I would have to make a longer front panel audio connector.

For some obnoxious reason Gigabyte placed the port on the back of the motherboard near the PCI slots.

lolatt.th.jpg

So essentially I have to run the cable across the top of the entire motherboard in order to allow my stock case front audio cables to reach...