PS3 Slim is Official

bp9801

Its been probably one of the worst kept secrets of late, but Sony went ahead and announced the PS3 Slim at Gamescom today. 120GB HDD will be packed in, plus it still retains all the features of the full size PS3 like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and a Blu Ray drive, all for the price of 299USD/Euro. It will hit store shelves on September 1st, so only a few weeks away. The regular PS3 will be going on a price drop as well, down to 299 as well, but that goes into effect tomorrow. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1015007p1.html has a bit more info on it, but not too much.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been probably one of the worst kept secrets of late, but Sony went ahead and announced the PS3 Slim at Gamescom today. 120GB HDD will be packed in, plus it still retains all the features of the full size PS3 like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and a Blu Ray drive, all for the price of 299USD/Euro. It will hit store shelves on September 1st, so only a few weeks away. The regular PS3 will be going on a price drop as well, down to 299 as well, but that goes into effect tomorrow. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1015007p1.html has a bit more info on it, but not too much.

I wouldn't call it one of the worst kept secrets. It was just that it was so obvious they were going to release a slim version eventually and before the holiday season made the most sense. The worst kept secret this year was the PSP Go :lol:

From a George Foreman grill to an old school laptop :D

They should bundle this with inFamous, that should get people more interested.

Glad they are finally starting to make money per console sold.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I may end up getting one of these, like D3 said though I wish it still had PS2 backwards compatibility.

(even if only 80% f the games worked it would still be a plus.)

Like D3 said on facebook it sucks that it still has a rounded top though...

They should bundle this with inFamous, that should get people more interested.
:withstupid: My friend's playing that now and says it's awesome. I think they've be better off bundling it with something like LittleBigPlanet instead. inFamous is too similar to Prototype, so many 360 and PC owners that played that may not find a free copy of inFamous as alluring. Of course, the ultimate bundle would be with God of War III...once it's released. Imagine they created a GoW Collection Pack to go along with that, which contains GoW 1 and GoW 2 playable on PS3. If that doesn't push PS3s, nothing will.

inFamous > Prototype

LBP is fun, but I don't see it drawing in the target audience for the PS3. I got mine with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and that game made it a worth wile purchase. :D One of the few that I've actually completed.

inFamous > Prototype
Whether inFamous is greater than Prototype or not is not the point. The games are too similar to sway someone's purchasing decision if they're on the fence and have already played Prototype.