Who's Getting Call of Duty : Modern Warefare 2?

KK_

OMG! I CANNOT PAY $10 MORE FOR A GAME! OMG I WILL BE BANKRUPT IF I DO THAT!! <_<

Guys, its $10. And most places will probably sell it for $50 anyways. Why do you complain so much? Look at Germany, you must pay 60 EUROS for a brand new game!

Yea $10 now, then maybe next month everyone else will do $10. Then next year it will be another $10. All it does is take one group and the rest will follow. I don't know about you but the quality of games are all the same. They really aren't improving that much to be worth another $10.

MW to MW2 isn't a huge jump in new tech. It's basically the same game rehashed with new guns and new maps. There is nothing insanely ground breaking in it. To justify a higher price. This isn't going from a 8 bit game to a 32 bit game.

As for the people in other countries who already pay much higher prices. Would you like them to add another $10 worth on there in your currency. Would you gladly take it in the arse, just because someone wants more money for the same quality game as the last one?

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since COD 4 is one of the most popular and most played games not to mention it sold well, what would make people think they wouldn't price gouge this one?

People are still going to buy it and they know it.

Look at it this way, people wanna buy the prestige edition. So I will not say anything here, you complain about $60 but you would pay $100+ for NVG? I will not take anyone serious who wants to buy that.

Look at it this way, people wanna buy the prestige edition. So I will not say anything here, you complain about $60 but you would pay $100+ for NVG? I will not take anyone serious who wants to buy that.

The NVG edition is absolutely rediculous. What use does that give you other than saying I have NVG? I would much rather see a limited edition action figure or something. Bonus content is even good. People that buy that should have thier head examined.

I see spending $100 for a special edition product more acceptable than spending $60 for a standard product, because at least you're getting something extra. With the standard edition, you're not getting anything extra for the additional $10. It's not about money, it's about value/worth. I pre-ordered the CE of Dragon Age: Origins, which will cost me $65...$15 above the standard edition. The difference is, I'm getting extra content, so despite being $5 more than MW2, I have no qualms in paying that.

Extra items? My friend has the Special CoD 4 edition, he had new maps, back then. Now I got em all for free with patches. He payed $5(Very good deal on amazon) but usually that cost 60-70. I payed $40, I know his was less, but that was because of the good deal, now what if he had payed $70? He wouldn't have anything that I do not have(Except that artbook that no one ever looks at).

Using a FPS game for bonus items isn't very good. Especially with CoD 4 special editions which are useless junk.

Let's use a RPG or MMO as a better example. The special editions give in-game items that you can only get from special editions. Thus the extra content justify the higher price. At which to the consumer's discretion they can decide if they want to spend the extra money to buy the standard edition ($50) or the more pricey edition ($10+) for the extra exclusive content.

Now looking at MW2 they are basically putting on that extra special edition price without even offering any extra content. Basically the consumer is paying a special edition price for no extra content. That's just wrong. $10 now may seem small to you, but when you buy more than 1 game over a period of a few months those extra $10 add up to another game that you could have bought.

Edited by Krazyxazn

i'd get a special edition if they feature a badass action figure, if they distribute killzone three with a helghast u can mount rite next to ur speaker, i would pay thirty extra bux for that

but wat they're offering for their special editions is nothing to get me to actually pay them for it

if u get my drift

real special editions get bought if they have a decorative figurine

$10 now may seem small to you, but when you buy more than 1 game over a period of a few months those extra $10 add up to another game that you could have bought.

:withstupid: Think of it this way...typically speaking, when it comes to brand new AAA titles, PC gamers can purchase six games for the same price console games get five games.

It is still only 1 game. Most games will sell for $50 because if they went $60 they wouldn't get bought. CoD is different because most people love the series.

I rarely buy games anymore because I have my favorite online ones, MW2 will be another part to my online games. The only single player game I still play, mainly, is Fallout 3.

It is still only 1 game. Most games will sell for $50 because if they went $60 they wouldn't get bought. CoD is different because most people love the series.

I rarely buy games anymore because I have my favorite online ones, MW2 will be another part to my online games. The only single player game I still play, mainly, is Fallout 3.

honestly, to put the best i can

cod can suk my nuts

at this point they mite think they can pop it up another $10

i was considering getting COD6 this year, but the only way i am is if the greedy basterd's keep it at $50