Sign in to follow this  
alentor

dual monitors setup

will i lose any performances if ill run a dual monitors setup with a diff ress? planing to run a 23inch monitor with my current 19inch, but at a diff ress, will it affect my performances. im talking about main and sub monitor configuration, 23 as the main monitor and the 19inch as the sub monitor.

Not directly per se. I'm running a 1920x1200 with a 1024x768. You can't run a video or graphic application directly across both (unless you have super commander or whatever that game was). You can't have a game running on one and a video running on the other very well or two games running on both monitors otherwise you get severely choppy performance (Back in the day I had two instances of Eve online running). You CAN remedy this like I did with another video card and stick the other monitor on it - which came in handy now that I do some CAD work.

But in the short sense no... you can run multiple videos on both sets of monitors fine... you can game on on fine w/o any visible performance hit.