Need a pair of earbuds.

GabrielT

I bought a nice pair of earbuds the other day to listen to my iPod when I ride my motorcycle. The ones I bought were too bulky and got caught on my helmet every time I took it off and broke after about a week. I am looking for a pair of low profile buds that will fit under my helmet that will stay on and not get caught on stuff. I ws looking at something similar to these but I want something with really good sound/bass quality. My budget is about $35, any ideas?

I bought a nice pair of earbuds the other day to listen to my iPod when I ride my motorcycle. The ones I bought were too bulky and got caught on my helmet every time I took it off and broke after about a week. I am looking for a pair of low profile buds that will fit under my helmet that will stay on and not get caught on stuff. I ws looking at something similar to these but I want something with really good sound/bass quality. My budget is about $35, any ideas?

Yeah I am looking for the same thing, I bought some of the 20$ ones and most have the problem of going out to far. From the MC forums that I look at, the best is to get custom made ones.

I dont think the ones you listed would work that well. I would look for noise cancelling ones, or else your hearing will suck beccause of windnoise and the increased ipod volume.

Skullcandy earbuds at Cycle Gear stores are wonderful things... they're pretty much ear plugs with speakers in them. Work well under a FF helmet. Only complaint is that they come with 3 ear peices - depending on your ear size... and my ears are kinda small for the smallest fitting - so it does get kinda sore after a few hours.

And muddy - they had them for like $10 on McPherson Church.

Skullcandy earbuds at Cycle Gear stores are wonderful things... they're pretty much ear plugs with speakers in them. Work well under a FF helmet. Only complaint is that they come with 3 ear peices - depending on your ear size... and my ears are kinda small for the smallest fitting - so it does get kinda sore after a few hours.

And muddy - they had them for like $10 on McPherson Church.

Yeah I have seen those at the cycle gear, and I have tried them out, They work for like 5 min then when Im looking into a turn one falls out. Its annoying. Music makes me ride faster neways. So I try to use them.

hands down best in-ear headphones for the money are skullcandy titans....... they have the best sound quality and killer bass for the buck you pay.....its been a little while and i am in canada so can't remember the exact price, 50 canadian seems familiar

• JVC Marshmallows <- Replace the foam pads with silicon ones ( foam pads get disgusting when they are soaked in ear wax :rolleyes: )
  • JVC Air Cushions
  • Sennheiser CX 300
  • Sennheiser CX 500 <- Heard these were better than the JVC Marshmallows.
  • CrossRoads MylarOne Bijou 3 <- Heard these had slightly better bass than the CX500

Edited by Krazyxazn

These seem promising, I'll have to give them a try (and remember to keep the receipt this time <_< )

hands down best in-ear headphones for the money are skullcandy titans....... they have the best sound quality and killer bass for the buck you pay.....its been a little while and i am in canada so can't remember the exact price, 50 canadian seems familiar

The ones that broke were actually titans, anything that sticks out will get caught and beak the headphones.

Oh and I have a big noggin and wear a XXL helmet and its still a bit tight lmao.

You could check out the Sennheiser OMX80 or Sennheiser CX380 as possible choices. The first ones clip on behind your ear and should be a bit more stable, and the second go in the ear and should isolate fairly well.

Skullcandy earbuds and headphones aren't great at all, all the ones I've ever tried or had experience with break after a month or so. They deliver bass sure.. but not much else.

You could check out the Sennheiser OMX80 or Sennheiser CX380 as possible choices. The first ones clip on behind your ear and should be a bit more stable, and the second go in the ear and should isolate fairly well.

Those are nice but more than I am willing to spend on earbuds that will most likely get the wires ripped off by my helmet.

Those are nice but more than I am willing to spend on earbuds that will most likely get the wires ripped off by my helmet.

Yeah, they are both kind of expensive. If you want something fairly cheap that should work, these Sony clip ons are a possibility. My ex had a pair similar to them, she wore them when she went running and they seemed to work rather well. Under 15 dollars too, so can't really beat that price. These Phillips clip ons look good as well, little bit cheaper too so you won't have to worry about breaking a 40 dollar pair of ear buds in a second.