550 unlocking cores

connor776

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also on a seperate note how much do you guys estimate I could sell my computer for ?

specs:

3.667 ghz phenom 2 x2 550

4 gb ddr2 ram

1tb hdd

asus m4a78 plus

dvd rw drive

xfx 4850 (1 gig)

antec 300

Edited by connor776

It sounds like you just want a quad core processor. I think that would be your best bet and give you more in line with what you're after.

You'd need to give more detailed specs of your parts to give an estimate. It will be significantly less than what you paid for it. Check around the OCC market place and E-Bay to get an idea what your parts or similar are selling for. You really have to consider if you're willing to let your parts go at the current going rate for used hardware. Sometimes it's hard when the part you bought a month ago is selling significantly cheaper than what you paid. Making some assumptions on the hardware I'd say $300-$400. That's just my opinion. You'd likely need to break it up and sell the parts seperately and be willing to wait for buyers.

I was thinking selling the computer as a whole. It cost me 500 to build it and computers of the same stature are selling for 1500 to 1900 on eBay , is this a fair estimate ? Why or why not? Thanks!!!

Edited by connor776

It cost me 500 to build it and computers of the same stature are selling for 1500 to 1900 on eBay , is this a fair estimate ? Why or why not? Thanks!!!
Not a chance.

You might get $500 to $600 out of it if you sell it whole...no way you'll get $1500 to $1900.

You can always try ebay. If someone's willing to pay that much you may get lucky. If it cost you $500 to build it why would anyone pay more? Did you spray special pixie dust on it after building it? It's now used hardware and if you're honest with the potential buyers why wouldn't they just buy the same parts new themselves and have a warranty? You need to give some value to the buyer to make it a deal over buying brand new.

Edited by rourkchris

K well I still have all the warranties and it's less than a month old!!

What if I put in a phenom ii x4 955??

You will have a quad core that is fully functional and has no cores that may be faulty :). I tried to tell you that it was not worth buying a special motherboard to maybe unlock cores that might be fully functional but whatever.

The 955 is a good chip that overclocks well.

You will have a quad core that is fully functional and has no cores that may be faulty :). I tried to tell you that it was not worth buying a special motherboard to maybe unlock cores that might be fully functional but whatever.

The 955 is a good chip that overclocks well.

that is what I am saying to put in a 955 and then sell it because I know it will sell on eBay for at least 1200!! Do you think that is a good idea? All I am trying to do is get some money for a college MacBook pro( and yes I know none of you guys like apple). :)

that is what I am saying to put in a 955 and then sell it because I know it will sell on eBay for at least 1200!! Do you think that is a good idea? All I am trying to do is get some money for a college MacBook pro( and yes I know none of you guys like apple). :)

I don't know why you would want to downgrade to a laptop from a rockin system like that but it's up to you my friend. Why the macbook pro? They are kind of expensive for what you get. I'm not hating on macs but I suggest you save your nice system and save your cash and get a half decent laptop for classes and keep your nice rig for games and other useful stuff.

I don't know why you would want to downgrade to a laptop from a rockin system like that but it's up to you my friend. Why the macbook pro? They are kind of expensive for what you get. I'm not hating on macs but I suggest you save your nice system and save your cash and get a half decent laptop for classes and keep your nice rig for games and other useful stuff.

ya know what your right so then what laptop do you think would be a good one on a 400$ budget I am personally thinking of a mini but I am not sure how well they work! What do you think of them? Also I love that line "keep you nice rig for gaming and other usefull stuff" obviously stuff other than school work! Oh and remember on the laptop I am only a freshman in highschool so I won't be needing it all the time. That's why I was thinking of a mini!