550 unlocking cores

connor776

I have heard of people unlocking more cores on a phenom II x2 to 4 cores and I was wondering how you would go about this? can I do this on a m4a78 plus mother board with the most recent bios?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boards using the SB750 Southbridge with ACC Control are the ones unlocking cores. Your motherboard has the SB700 South Bridge. Probably not going to happen on that motherboard unless ACC was part of a BIOS update which I doubt.

Guys what you need is a certain firmware. It's not ACC that will unlock the cores. I believe what happened is that some manufacturers have hidden it under the ACC controls.

Here is a picture of the MA770T-UD3P review on Neoseeker. This board has the SB710 BTW.

post-31336-1250425675_thumb.jpg

I've seen this option on MSI boards as well and I believe the ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO also has it, but that would need confirmation.

Edited by The Smith

Unlocking Cores

Here is everything you need to know about unlocking cores and caches on AMD Phenom II's. Even if your lucky enough to have a fully functional quad chances of your mobo supporting the unlocking or having a stable system are fairly low. Many times when cores are unlocked overclocking suffers because the unlocked cores are locked because they ARE faulty. It's worth a try though.

Ok so basically it wont work on my mobo but could someone tell me of a good board that supports crossfire, ddr2, and core unlocking for under 190$? that would be so helpfull!!

Please help!!!!

Edited by connor776

I run that board in my media PC. It's a nice board. SLI capable. Mine is stubborn with overclocking the bus speed though. That may just be my setup. Still has a robust BIOS for overclocking. It took my 940 to 3.6Ghz. Just dropped a 965 in it after doing a BIOS update but haven't attempted to overclock it yet. I can't comment on unlocking cores. I've only run quad cores on it so never tried.

Edited by rourkchris

I wouldn't spend extra money on a specific motherboard to unlock something that isn't a sure thing. Even if you do unlock it those cores are often locked because they do not function properly. The test's show that after you unlock cores your overclocks will suffer significantly. If you want to retain high clocks and have a quad core, keep your mother board and buy a quad core.

here is a good cpu and motherboard combo to unlock the cores he uses the gigabyte 770t-ud3p take a look :

I looked for this board on newegg and tiger direct and could not find it are there any other significant boards or is the one I picked out good enough?

ohhhh here is another one I found what do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128387

Edited by connor776