Biostar TA790GX 128M Voltages wont change... Need help

a little background on the motherboard. The first one I got worked great for about 4 months and then just died. I have now had the second board back for a few weeks. (definetly a different board as the sata ports are black and not orange like the old board)first thing I noticed wrong with the mb was that the audio ports don't work and now I am having this trouble..

Just like the topic says.. I cannot change the cpu or nb voltage in the bios.. The ramm voltage changes fine though.. No matter what I do the cpu voltage stays at 1.296 in bios and in CPU-Z. I have tried flashing the bios, resetting the cmos, re-seating everything, I even took the 3pin fan headers off the motherboard and hooked them to the power supply. Have had trouble with motherboard fan power before but still no luck.. I don't have another amd cpu to try but I don't think the cpu is the problem.

Just wondering if anyone might have an idea of what the problem is?

You can always try AMD Overdrive. Biostar also has software for overclocking called T-Utility Overclock III. Have a similar board though not exactly the same TA790GXB. I set the BIOS to overclock maually or you can auto-set it to V6, V8, or V12. Then from there I can set voltages under the P-Series tab.

These Biostar boards are a little different and have taken some getting used to for me. I can only change the HT Link through AMD Overdrive for reasons unknown.

You can always try AMD Overdrive. Biostar also has software for overclocking called T-Utility Overclock III. Have a similar board though not exactly the same TA790GXB. I set the BIOS to overclock maually or you can auto-set it to V6, V8, or V12. Then from there I can set voltages under the P-Series tab.

These Biostar boards are a little different and have taken some getting used to for me. I can only change the HT Link through AMD Overdrive for reasons unknown.

I have tried overclocking with amd overdrive and when I change the voltage and hit apply they just go right back to what they were. I will give the t utility a try..

I also have the auto-set feature but it doesnt adjust the voltages either.

edit: okay I tried the T utility and this is what it shows

Edited by Water_Hazard

Well I have the same exact board and if you do get the voltages working make sure not to take them too high. I fried my first one by doing that (Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.6Ghz 1.45v under Prime95 did the trick). It doesn't have any cooling for the VRMs so it's not a good board for high overclocks.

But have you tried chaning the Custom P States (or something of that nature) and you can change the core vid there. Mine is set to 1.35v then I raise the voltage via the voltage screen.

well I was up half the night messing with different settings... I tried all the voltages under the custom p states just to see if they would do anything but no luck. Also tried changing other settings that I thought might make a difference but still nothing.

Thanks for the help though guys. Looks like I will be giving biostar a call tomorrow. Maybe they can give me some insight on where the promblem may lie