Can anyone name this artist?

IIxNullxII

It looks like something out of Assassin's Creed, I'd like to find out who did it and where I can get something like it, anyone recognize it? It's the painting in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsaxIyIshQU

post-2263-1250310396_thumb.jpg

Edited by IIxNullxII

I assume the Inkblot think was a joke, but if it wasn't a joke I can disprove it by saying, I've never seen an inkblot that large, and it isn't 100% symmetric and there isn't a fold.

Looks vaguely like a Jackson Pollock. I can't find the exact one, it may not be his since that one is symmetric and I don't think I've ever seen a symmetric Pollock, but the general blob random strings looking paint thing seems Pollocky to me.

Edit: a google search said that someone else thinks its by Chris Kahler, though after looking at his work he didn't have anything black and white.

Edit: after studying Kahler's work I don't think he did it, but he does have some cool pics, check them out.

Edit someone else thinks Pollock: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...14004446AAonIxt

my guess is it is:

A. A Jackson Pollock original or print, he made an butt load of paintings

or

B. Someone inspired by Jackson Pollock who made something in his style.

g004_pollock_32_1950.jpg

pollock01.jpg

bw-21.jpg

Av3iep__DSC05482.JPG

Edited by xchrissypoox

No thread crapping intended...

but if you're looking for a similar painting might I suggest dabbing some paint brushes into black and white paint and then flailing around near some canvas?

Repeat until the desired effect results...

No thread crapping intended...

but if you're looking for a similar painting might I suggest dabbing some paint brushes into black and white paint and then flailing around near some canvas?

Repeat until the desired effect results...

You forgot about getting drunk before you start (as Pollock would)