overclock help plz!

skinnybin

ok so i have a cheap computer so it dont really matter if i get the "~magic smoke~" from my CPU so ill try anything, anyway, heres my situatiuon:-

i have been reserching overclocking my comp and so far have worked out i can overclock 4.95%, from 1.67GHz to 1.75GHz, this is by putting the hostclock speed to 140 on the bios. If i put the host clock speed to 141 i get windows reboot so 140 is the max i can go thus far.

i have read online i can go higher (up to 166) if i increase the v-core voltage.....

....BUT....

my mobo's bios does not have the M.I.T option.

Anyone know how i can accses the v-core voltage?

i have downloaded some tools to try but so far cant seem to use these reccomended tools so have deleted them and forgot about them.

plz help me! thank you,

SkinnyBin

so i take it no one knows?

some overclockers club this is...

chill out man. If you want help, this isn't a very good way going about it. Understand your system is pretty old and many people may not have experience with it. Every system is different and overclocking isn't a text book thing you can do across all platforms. If you provide some details on exactly what your specs are, and have a little patience, I'm sure you'll get some help. It's impossible for anyone to come here and tell you exactly how to overclock a jetsomething830. If you don't even know what it is, how is anyone else suppose to know?

Have you tried searching these (or other) forums? Maybe your answer is already here somewhere. You'd also see that everyone gets help when they provide details and patience.

Edit: after doing a quick search for jet 830ch, it looks like this is your sound chip, not your motherboard. Unless you want to overclock your sound? lol!

Edited by Fight Game

chill out man. If you want help, this isn't a very good way going about it. Understand your system is pretty old and many people may not have experience with it. Every system is different and overclocking isn't a text book thing you can do across all platforms. If you provide some details on exactly what your specs are, and have a little patience, I'm sure you'll get some help. It's impossible for anyone to come here and tell you exactly how to overclock a jetsomething830. If you don't even know what it is, how is anyone else suppose to know?

Have you tried searching these (or other) forums? Maybe your answer is already here somewhere. You'd also see that everyone gets help when they provide details and patience.

Edit: after doing a quick search for jet 830ch, it looks like this is your sound chip, not your motherboard. Unless you want to overclock your sound? lol!

Jetway 830CH SiS 730s, I'm reasonably sure that that is what he has.

The benefits from any overclock you get, if it's even possible, are going to be marginal to say the least and 5% isn't going to make any real difference.

It's time for an update! ;)

Cheers

Paul

please do not overclock your grandmother's computer

if your motherboard supports voltage changes, then read the manual.

if it is not in there, then it does not support voltage changes.

Grandmothers? Is somebody trying to be funny? ;)

Cheers

Paul

lol.

so all motherboards dont support overclocking?

the only reason i am using this computer is for practice (i swear)!

i have tried some tools like AMD overdrive and 8rdavcore but they dont work.

there must be some tool out there for me.

i have already got a 5% boost from 1.67GHz to 1.75GHz without changing voltage of v-core and im getting really curious to how much i can overclock.

thing is i wont be able to rest untill i know i cant do it.

i really aprecheate your help and you taking the time to help me. i apologise for coming across like i did i respect you for what you are doing for me, taking the time to help me, teaching me how to do this. thank you.

i hope i can find the solution here and can aprecheate the fact you guys dont wanna be pulled back to the stone ages with me but when i know i can do this i will upgrade, aslong as the comp i upgrade to supports overclocking!

• 2 weeks later...

Skinny if that is a Palimino chip you will be lucky to hit 1.9Ghz. Palimino's ran hot at stock settings, my 2000+ ran at 60 under load at stock speed with the stock cooler, my aftermarket Coolermaster cooler only got it down to about 45, I ended up replacing it with a Barton 2500+.

Now if its a Thoroughbred than you may be able to reach 2.0-2.2 depending on what settings you can change in your motherboard and what cooler you have. Now mind you I haven't had an Athlon XP system for four years so I don't remmeber to much about overclocking them.