Opinions on these gfx cards.

^^ this. As I browsed the hardware sites today, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to get two lower-grade video cards right now. Your 4890s will cost about $400-450, and your 285's will cost over $600. I would definitely just get the GTX 295. Your performance will be much better, and you can scale it with the same card later on if you need to.

Actually, if you can wait, DX11 supporting cards will be out later this year (Q3, last I heard). Just throwing that out there.

:withstupid: as far as the card selection is concerned

^^ this. As I browsed the hardware sites today, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to get two lower-grade video cards right now. Your 4890s will cost about $400-450, and your 285's will cost over $600. I would definitely just get the GTX 295. Your performance will be much better, and you can scale it with the same card later on if you need to.

Actually, if you can wait, DX11 supporting cards will be out later this year (Q3, last I heard). Just throwing that out there.

SLI 285's will deliver more FPS than the GTX295. Period! There is a substantial difference in the games I have tested. They do cost more but you gotta pay to play.

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked this bad boy up. Going for SLI but can only afford one atm. Installed pics coming soon.

PICTURES!!

lol the OC-FU hahaha, and yeah too bad those 285's are so overpriced or else you'd be SLI'n away as we speak

Edited by IVIYTH0S