gtx 295 vs 4870x2

N.E.A

i just wanted to know if there is any diffrence between them ...and why made another one using single pcb....

The gtx 295 wins hands down. Its just that the 4870x2 is cheaper and if you don't need the extra horsepower, a better buy. A single pcb is technically the same but i believe it has a lower manufacturing cost. But the price and everything else is exactly the same.

so why don`t the price drop when making it with single pcb...and i saw on youtube some one ran crossfire with 4870x2 and a 4870 would a gtx 295 work with a gtx 275

so why don`t the price drop when making it with single pcb...and i saw on youtube some one ran crossfire with 4870x2 and a 4870 would a gtx 295 work with a gtx 275

on a technicality , a 4870x2 and a 4870 cross fired is the same as 3 4870's cross fire x . because the 4870x2 is actauly crossfire

ATI have always been the cheaper rival to Niveda throughout the age of time

Edited by KK_

The gtx 295 wins hands down. Its just that the 4870x2 is cheaper and if you don't need the extra horsepower, a better buy. A single pcb is technically the same but i believe it has a lower manufacturing cost. But the price and everything else is exactly the same.

:withstupid: Though for how little more powerful the 295 is, the 4870x2 is a better buy when you can get them for like 250 on ebay (where do you think mine came from :P)

The price doesn't drop because the 295 is the strongest card out there...hahahaha, just kidding, it's just because it's nvidia :lol:

why is it because of the clocks or something else...?

Simply because NVIDIA does not allow SLI to run on two different cards. If you want a 3-way SLI setup, you must buy three GTX275 instead.

But it may change soon. There is a guy who was enable SLI on a P45 mobo using a GTX260 and a 8600GT. See here.