Sign in to follow this  
D@3HaM1nGuK

recommanded adsl2+ modem switch with wireless and 4 ports

hi guys, i just got accepted to get adsl2+ and i am now going to buy a modem switch that has 4 lan ports, 802.11g wireless.... ive been looking and researching but it seems like there is not enough information about anything.... so i'd like to ask u guys which modem switch is the best? it would have to be able to be turned on 24/7 for the year and to have alot of features and security, stable and reliable.... dont need voip and wireless n... so what are ur suggestions and recommandations?

there will be 2 pc connected to the modem switch thought ethernet and 1 laptop connected via wireless

buget: about 150AUD which is about 120USD??

thx

what you're looking for is an adsl2+ wireless modem router... the 4-port switch is pretty standard

generally I've had better experience with Linksys routers... all the Netgear routers I've had, have had problems maintaining a connection under heavy load (even after various firmware updates), and the GUI/features are a bit rubbish compared to Linksys

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/products/Gateways

ok so i guess netgear is out... linksys, billion, netcomm which of these are better....?? from reading in other forums... i heard linksys has crap customer service and other stuff too... but i need more opinion for me to make a final decision.....

thx for the reply hardnrg

Contrary to what hardng said, I have nothing but praise for netgear products.

Especially the Netgear DG834G. Have had one at my student house for about 3 years now, and not ONCE has it dropped the connection. Got another 1 at my GFs place, and another 2 at other locations. NEVER had any problems.

Ill agree that the GUI is muggy and difficult to follow sometimes, but once you get past that, its very very solid.

Haven't got much bad to say about Linksys either, there GUI is defiantly more user friendly. However, I did have a Linksys just pack up on me. So there track record with me is not as good as Netgear's.