Is it lapped enough?

WReXSTi

Mine had machining marks but most heatsinks do. Try it out before you lap it to see how well it does for you

It will fit fine on your board

Thanks now just gotta wait... the worst part =(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning to oc that i7?

If you are, I would see how far you can get it first, then, if the temp's aren't to your liking, you can lap the processor and heatsink, if you think it's worth it. You could get a few

Are you planning to oc that i7?

If you are, I would see how far you can get it first, then, if the temp's aren't to your liking, you can lap the processor and heatsink, if you think it's worth it. You could get a few

I think I'd rather keep the warranty on the chip. If it was guaranteed drop, maybe, but it's not even for sure that lapping the proc will help. Save the warranty incase something happens.

I think I'd rather keep the warranty on the chip. If it was guaranteed drop, maybe, but it's not even for sure that lapping the proc will help. Save the warranty incase something happens.

Ok. But I am also thinking about keeping the 6 year warranty on the cooler, should i do that or lap it? THis will be my first time lapping and I don't wanna do it on such high end/high costing parts.

Run them as delivered first and see if you are happy with the temps. The DO stepping chips run much cooler so you most likely wont need the lap job unless you are pushing for monster clocks on air.

I wont be going higher than 3ghz for now