XBOX 360 died

InCrYsIs

My xbox 360 died with the RROD. Has anyone had any experience with the microsoft repair service on it?

I sent it in yesterday and was wondering how it might turn out.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takes a week or more and the chances of it RROD again is very likely. From what my friends have experienced with them, they had 1st gen 360s. So if your is still fairly new or hopefully they replace all the old parts.

USB cover on the front panel broken.

If you still got the spring and backplate, some glue would fix that up. I fixed my friend's USB cover, when he accident pulled it out trying take off the face plate lol.

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you still got the spring and backplate, some glue would fix that up. I fixed my friend's USB cover, when he accident pulled it out trying take off the face plate lol.

Nope, it didn't even come back. :'( Been meaning to buy a new cover, and haven't gotten around to it. May sell it and get a black elite.

Takes a week or more and the chances of it RROD again is very likely. From what my friends have experienced with them, they had 1st gen 360s. So if your is still fairly new or hopefully they replace all the old parts.

For 100 bucks it better not RROD on me again. That is BS. I wouldn't even have fixed it if madden wasn't coming out.

Edited by InCrYsIs

For 100 bucks it better not RROD on me again. That is BS. I wouldn't even have fixed it if madden wasn't coming out.

The trick my friends did was they told them it had RROD 3 times and Microsoft had to fix it for free. Every repair they both didn't have to pay a cent out of warranty. IDK, if they still have this policy or if it even is a policy, but it worked for them. I guess its too late to try that now though.

Edited by Krazyxazn

$100?? Hmm... neither of my repairs cost me a dime.

I am pretty sure I was talking to someone in India which was ticking me off enough since I had to repeat myself a million times. Also since I bought the Xbox from someone I am not entitled to the warranty. Which ticked me off even more.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I am pretty sure I was talking to someone in India which was ticking me off enough since I had to repeat myself a million times. Also since I bought the Xbox from someone I am not entitled to the warranty. Which ticked me off even more.

Ahh, gotcha. I never had to talk to anyone. Just filled out a form online, they sent me a box, packed it up and sent it back using the provided UPS shipping ticket, and a week or two later it was back and working.

I think my [MS extended] warranty is about up. Which probably means its about time to RROD. :/

never had to pay a penny, M$ does shipping each way and so far my count of RROD 360s is 10. Of course i buy them broken and sell them refreb when i can. never had a problem with getting stuff back looking like new.

if they change your dvd drive you got a new board which means its practically new console. best of luck.

never had to pay a penny, M$ does shipping each way and so far my count of RROD 360s is 10. Of course i buy them broken and sell them refreb when i can.

You do realize that you aren't entitled to warranty service if you don't buy them new, right? <_<