Crossfire 4870 with 4850 on P6T SE

WReXSTi

looks like xfire is an option for your board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...ASUS-_-13131386

I do believe you can xfire those two cards, but don't quote me on that...

Advantage/Disadvantage would be:

The faster one would default to the slower ones speed.

If one has more memory, it will default to the size of the smaller one.

Depending on the game, it may or may not be better. Some games scale very well, while others don't. Even if it scales well, I think 4850x2 would still be pretty close to a single 4870. Since your 4870 only has 512mb, and assuming the 4850 has 512mb, doing crossfire would probably help if you were running lots of AA/AF. If it helped at all, you would only see it at high resolutions.

Not worth the trouble imo, again, unless you are into a game(s) that you know for sure scales well in xfire and are using high AA/AF and resolution.

looks like xfire is an option for your board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...ASUS-_-13131386

I do believe you can xfire those two cards, but don't quote me on that...

Advantage/Disadvantage would be:

The faster one would default to the slower ones speed.

If one has more memory, it will default to the size of the smaller one.

Depending on the game, it may or may not be better. Some games scale very well, while others don't. Even if it scales well, I think 4850x2 would still be pretty close to a single 4870. Since your 4870 only has 512mb, and assuming the 4850 has 512mb, doing crossfire would probably help if you were running lots of AA/AF. If it helped at all, you would only see it at high resolutions.

Not worth the trouble imo, again, unless you are into a game(s) that you know for sure scales well in xfire and are using high AA/AF and resolution.

I read somewhere that Crossfire will make the powerful video card process more of the screen than the less powerful one. Is that true?

I read somewhere that Crossfire will make the powerful video card process more of the screen than the less powerful one. Is that true?

no its not

it would be cool though

Edited by feetfats