5.1 set-up questions

slarsen83

ok so i have onboard realtek alc889A......and logitech x-540 speakers, my problem is that when i FIRST set everything up it was a little crackly, that has been fixed.... my question is that when i go into realteks audio manager OR windows sound set-up it will NOT work when i try and select 5.1 as my audio output, only works if i click on 7.1 and disable the side set of speakers (and enabling the rear)

my question is why would it do this??? any ideas are appreciated cause i am at a loss here....

If you are using Green, Black, Orange, try Green, Grey, Orange... or vice versa

The auto-sense is probably preventing the 5.1 configuration due to one of the wrong jacks being used.

ok i will try that out in a few here.....my main frustration stems from the fact that if i set-up my windows media center trying to use anything more than stereo config it won't work....

like 5.1 and 7.1 both just play background music it seems on movies and such but there are no voices or anything

can't wait to get this sorted out......as to hofferbrinks suggestion that eliminated the static/certain frequency noise i was getting so thanks for that

i will update once i try some jack switching

well....for the most part everything is good now......still having some random static at times, not exactly sure what the source is though now that i have updated drivers.... myabe this onboard just sucks