Intel vs. AMD - The Big Question...

Man this processor will hit their higher-end sales. I would grab that over an E7xxx and even a E8xxx anytime.

But if it really launches at this price, it will be some ferocious competition! I would expect AMD to counter it by launching faster dual-cores, something like a Phenom II X2 3.4GHz.

Man this processor will hit their higher-end sales. I would grab that over an E7xxx and even a E8xxx anytime.

But if it really launches at this price, it will be some ferocious competition! I would expect AMD to counter it by launching faster dual-cores, something like a Phenom II X2 3.4GHz.

but it's still pointless to release another chip to "combat" intel if they already have one unlocked. Unless it's assured higher clocking, the higher clock to start doesn't mean diddly lol.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

but it's still pointless to release another chip to "combat" intel if they already have one unlocked. Unless it's assured higher clocking, the higher clock to start doesn't mean diddly lol.

A lot of things are coming soon in the PII lineup. First as you know there is the 965. Overclockers might be happy about it. They are also working on the next core revision which might as well help.

A lot of things are coming soon in the PII lineup. First as you know there is the 965. Overclockers might be happy about it. They are also working on the next core revision which might as well help.

the only perks I can see either company coming out are better performance/clock speed and higher efficiency. Since they will both offer unlocked multipliers (hopefully intel will keep that running, and not drop it off when they think they are winning again), overclockers will be happy with any old chip (other than cache differences)