Time to Upgrade or Wait?

Raul-7

I think it is very funny that you don't even know the 'specs' of your 'brand name' yet you want to 'build your own'

if you want to build a computer 'just to do it' go get free parts from the salvation army

of course I am being sarcastic but I hope it rings a bell

You're not shot from the womb with the knowledge how to build a PC :rolleyes: . We all started somewhere. In his two posts nowhere did he state that he didn't know the specs of his brandname PC. Even if he doesn't why would that stop him from learning now? Not very helpful to someone probably new to this.

Raul-7 if you want to learn you came to a great place. Crazy Nate wrote a guide here http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showforum=125 that will help you get started down the path of building your own. Plenty of people here to help you decide on good quality components and help you along the way. Look around the forums, read alot and ask questions.

I think it is very funny that you don't even know the 'specs' of your 'brand name' yet you want to 'build your own'

if you want to build a computer 'just to do it' go get free parts from the salvation army

of course I am being sarcastic but I hope it rings a bell

LOL. It's great of you to assume. The only reason I didn't state the specifications of it was because I don't plan on taking anything it from it for my build, maybe the HDD and DVD/writer but other than that it's useless. If you must it's an HP with ASUS P5LP-LE MB, 2.8 GHz Pentium D, 3GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, ATI X300 GPU.

EDIT: I'm familiar with all the parts I need, just need the guts to assemble them.

Edited by Raul-7

Yeah, overclock the hell out of what you've got now, and plan on upgrading sometime in October/November.

Don't think I should try that, the CPU fan sounds like a propeller. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Raul-7