Time to Upgrade or Wait?

Raul-7

There really is no right time to upgrade. Technology is always moving forward. As one generation is released they are thinking about he next one.

I would say upgrade because it won't really matter when you choose to do it.

Prices will always come down so if you cant play the games you want to right now upgrade. If you can still play them comfortably and don't have a problem with waiting a few months hold off on the upgrade either way you'll end up with a good gaming machine.

Depends on what you're current pc is.

If you're using a P4 or anything on a 939 socket, go ahead and upgrade. If you're using an E8400 or Phenom, you wouldn't see much improvement. You could always buy a new video card to put in your currect system to give it a little boost.

Depends on what you're current pc is.

If you're using a P4 or anything on a 939 socket, go ahead and upgrade. If you're using an E8400 or Phenom, you wouldn't see much improvement. You could always buy a new video card to put in your currect system to give it a little boost.

:withstupid:

Yeah, what are you running?? Then we can truly determine whether your time is now, or in a few months/years :D

Sorry, when I meant upgrade I meant as in a whole new PC. My current PC is a brandname and now I want to build my own.

Then I say by all means, do it if for that reason alone. Still, what are you working with component-wise or is it that generic?

I think it is very funny that you don't even know the 'specs' of your 'brand name' yet you want to 'build your own'

if you want to build a computer 'just to do it' go get free parts from the salvation army

of course I am being sarcastic but I hope it rings a bell

Everyone has to start somewhere, although you should atleast have some basic knowledge about whats inside your computer, what the functions of each component are, that sort of thing. I agree with Flar, if you've got no problem playing the games you want then there isnt much point, when YOU feel like your pc is holding you back then you know its time ;) id also wait till the new cards are out, (its not too long now) then buy a current gen card as prices should fall a little. :)