LCD widescreens are ridiculous with the blurring =/

Well it's the truth. :unsure: I've used 500hz for...atleast a year. There were times I'd plug the mouse into the wrong port by mistake and I'd instantly notice that something wasn't right.

Btw I'm talking about older, competitive games like q3 duels where missing a shot can = your opponent getting 200h 200a stacked.

In newer games the lack of precision is not such an issue though. Pretty much everyone kills everyone no matter what the skill levels are.

lol.

You will be much happier with the VX2265wm. I tried various 60Hz LCDs and they all blew goats much to the dismay of the people who think 60Hz is perfectly fine. The other figures of merit attached to LCD performance mean very little as far as fluidity of motion. The monitor has other issues that mean virtually nothing to me such as backlight bleed, viewing angle, color reproduction etc, but that and the 2233RZ from Samsung are the only good gaming LCDs, period.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you start playing at a higher resolution when you got this monitor? That's the only thing I can think of so in that case it could be your graphics card rather than the monitor itself.

In Quake 3 on any hardware made in the past 5 years your resolution wouldn't make much of a difference in performance.

I tried various 60Hz LCDs and they all blew goats much to the dismay of the people who think 60Hz is perfectly fine.

Its wierd because most people swear these 60hz monitors made for word processing are insane for gaming. It kind of pisses me off that I saw so many reviews saying that this monitor was good for gaming and that 60hz doesn't matter. But it's a lesson learned I guess.

And I don't even know if Newegg will take my monitor back now. If they do it's not gonna be easy...LOL.

You will be much happier with the VX2265wm. I tried various 60Hz LCDs and they all blew goats much to the dismay of the people who think 60Hz is perfectly fine. The other figures of merit attached to LCD performance mean very little as far as fluidity of motion. The monitor has other issues that mean virtually nothing to me such as backlight bleed, viewing angle, color reproduction etc, but that and the 2233RZ from Samsung are the only good gaming LCDs, period.
When it comes to LCD monitors, it's the opposite of everything you said; 60Hz means nothing, it's the other specs that matter. 120Hz helps for sports on large screen LCD TVs. On a 22" screen it doesn't make a difference...LCDs are different than CRTs.

i own the acer P243w and i freaking love it have had it for about three months now and have not had one problem with it all. some simply specs are. 1920x1200/ 2ms/ and 3000:1 ratio. also have not had any reports of blurring with this monitor. i also u dvi

Edited by capthowdy575

Did you disable the blur effect in the games? I can not remember for the life of me what its actually called, but it will give you a blur effect if you move or turn to fast.

Actually that blur is not normal and it's a result of the crappy monitor. :thumbs-up:

Crysis does have a blur option. But it's not the same as the annoying motion blur from the monitor. Get a nice CRT or the new 120hz LCD's...you will see the difference.

Edited by Computation

Actually that blur is not normal and it's a result of the crappy monitor. :thumbs-up:

Crysis does have a blur option. But it's not the same as the annoying motion blur from the monitor. Get a nice CRT or the new 120hz LCD's...you will see the difference.

You don't need a CRT or a 120Hz LCD to not experience blur, you just need a GOOD monitor, such as from Samsung.

You don't need a CRT or a 120Hz LCD to not experience blur, you just need a GOOD monitor, such as from Samsung.

+1, if you need any suggestions, just come to us, and I doubt you'll notice anymore blurs.