Active OCC folders dropping!

paulktreg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would gladly trade bills with you andy, in a heartbeat...what else do you have besides 'tricity ?

Hahaha! Got some gas for cooking / heating (although I have been living in a walk in freezer for the past couple of days... heater's been off), water... and a fair bit of Diesel actually :lol: Been running between Hannover and Rotterdam every couple of weeks, that's roughly 500km one way...

I think I'm going to start letting my hd4850 fold 24/7. Helping out and hopefully keeping my room a degree warmer.

edit: on that thought, how do the thermodynamics work on electronics like GPU's. Wouldn't all the electricity used/wasted be turned into heat? Hmmm. If so, I'd only be getting like 200W of heat. Oh well :P

Edited by nickosha

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped, my 9600GT exploded itself. Very much sadness, tried with XFX today and got nowhere because I had other things to do. If I can't get through I am gonna snatch up a 9600GSOor a 8800GT.

Edited by gabrieltessin

Hahaha! Got some gas for cooking / heating (although I have been living in a walk in freezer for the past couple of days... heater's been off), water... and a fair bit of Diesel actually :lol: Been running between Hannover and Rotterdam every couple of weeks, that's roughly 500km one way...

well the sheila thinks i'm a nut for all the folding but i do it anyway....i give the tricity a break now and then by shutting one or two of em down for a few days but my only folding goal is to keep up with paul as best i can. we've been running pretty close together for nearly a year now and sometimes i can see him off in the distance up ahead....

hey i'll see ya on the book...!!

The last few days of folding have been really annoying for me. First: I finally tried to reinstall my second 275 after getting the AC cooler on it and the damn thing would not fit as the first card with the AC cooler is way to big to slide the second card in. It was supposed to but didn't. I love the noise level and cooling ability of the AC cooler but I can't SLI. Now what??? Is there a decent low profile air cooler or is it time to WC my system?

Then yesterday: somehow, my video card downclocked for the day for whatever reason. I uninstalled the driver, ran driver sweeper and then reinstalled the driver. That fixed that problem.

While I was fixing the video card, VMWare workstation went into a tizzy and I had to run a repair on that.

Everything looks good this morning except I'm still upset about not getting my second card back in.

yeah i have stopped folding for a while there, we temp moved house renovations :P (still out of the house atm) and i got the lazy bug, so havent really folded since easter :O tsk tsk i know

Anyhow any major changes i need to know about

i just got snow yesterday!. my little rig with a 4670 is going and i hope to have my 4870 going too. i know the ati rigs don't really put out much but i do it for heat as well. My rooms at the end of the house on the second floor and man it gets freezing in here! :blink: