its been a while but im back

nightsider

hi guys its been a while since i was on here, things are ok now and im looking at building a system form scrach, its been a while so please chip in with your ideas and advice.

the build

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail 
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, Intel X58, Sok 1366, PCI-E 2.0, DDR3 1066/1600/2000, SATA II, ATX
RAM: 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600MHz), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24
HDD: 640GB Western Digital WD6400AACS Caviar Green, SATA 3Gb/s, IntelliPower, 16MB Cache, NCQ
GPU: 2GB Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X, PCI-E 2.0, 3.6GHz GDDR5, GPU 750MHz, 800 Cores, D-Sub/ DL DVI/ HDMI
CASE: Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower Case, Black with side window, w/o PSU
PSU: 650W Enermax Infiniti EIN650AWT Modular Quad CPU & SLi/CFire PSU 85% Eff' DXX EPS12V/ATX12V

i have a 22" monitor so im going to be using that but i need recomendatons for a mouse and keyboard

Edited by nightsider

Welcome back nightsider :)

That's not the attitude to have now is it ;)

Your build - I would scrap the Caviar Green & get a Blue. Or even better - a 7200.12. Also I would go for a Corsair or OCZ PSU - just personal preference.

Apart from that, looks good to go :)

If you are spending all that money, why not step up to a Toxic 4890? Your second post was only 48 minutes after your first. How many responses did you expect in that time?

Seems that you've already done your homework, but at a 22" monitor, the 2GB of video memory will hardly do you any good.

Get an HD4890.

I would also recommend a better quality PSU.

Edited by tkrow21

if your really feeling like going for the extra boost get a 4870x2 , much better preformance compared to a 4890 , better yet hold out til the new cards come out :D

and a better PSU couldnt go a miss

i take it people have gone off me on here nice to know

Holy lord. You only gave it 48 minutes. Maybe people are at work. Give it some time, man, and don't take it so personally.

All this useful advice and two and a half hours later he still hasn't thanked us :facepalm:

I lol'd. This is perfect.

sorry for the late reply it seems ive discuverd another IPB bug the email funct doent work, i only thought about it after pentesting my friends forum, thanks for the feedback guys i forgot the majority of you are USA based, ive been working in network security forums for the past 3 months or so and i normaly get a reply within 10 mins lol,

ill check out the 490's but im not sure what i should be looking for in a psu