Sign in to follow this  
ocmooz

Upgrade time

;) Ah I see. Well that is good to know and I wonder if the next proc will cost much more. What mem you running on that rig Smith? :huh:

Mushkin 2x2GB DDR3-1600, 9-9-9-24 1.65V though.

7200.11 w/ 32MB also lol

So you think this 7-7-6-18 pair of Mushkin is a good one?

Oh and you'll never guess how much the hdd cost... $54 shipped :D Factory recert. and on sale.

I keep telling people the only place to get hdds is here. :lol:

Edited by ocmooz

So you think this 7-7-6-18 pair of Mushkin is a good one?

Oh and you'll never guess how much the hdd cost... $54 shipped :D Factory recert. and on sale.

I keep telling people the only place to get hdds is here. :lol:

ebay :)

ebay :)

As if. I have heard to many tales of woe about that and besides everyone on e-bay overcharges for shipping. Even me!

As if. I have heard to many tales of woe about that and besides everyone on e-bay overcharges for shipping. Even me!

well then you don't buy from those with overcharged shipping, I always calculate the final price in my head anyway. I aim for a certain price for something, and I get it! :D

Plus I always make sure the drive's have their manufacturer's warranty perfect, so even if the drive fails, the manufacturer will just replace it for free (I actually had bought my 500GB WD scorpio off of ebay and it failed a few months later and got a new one from Western Digital no sweat).

just don't buy a drive without a warranty, and factor in shipping from the get-go ;)

I'll keep that in mind. I just like geeks.com a lot. They are close by so the shipping is cheap and quick. And I only buy their new or factory re=certified drives anyway.

I'll keep that in mind. I just like geeks.com a lot. They are close by so the shipping is cheap and quick. And I only buy their new or factory re=certified drives anyway.

do factory recertified drives still have their full warranties or just those lousy 30-90 day ones?

It looks as though its still a 1yr factory warranty to me. What do you think? http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ST...S-R&cat=HDD

the only real way to see what your warranty is would be to go here : Seagate Warranty Check

if it doesn't come up in their system, than it's highly likely that that your drive's only covered as long as geeks.com says it is (so at most, 1 year).

The drives I bought at ebay all have their full warranties, except my OEM Veloci which had no warranty

Seagate 750GB- 5 years

Seagate 1TB- 5 years

Western Digital 500GB- 3 years

Seagate 1.5TB- 3 years

Only thing I've had to warranty so far is my mouse because the right button burned out. :lol: I'll take my chances with my hdds for now.

Ok sorry to dig up this old post, but after hours of research and opinion hunting I've decided that the time is now.

I've got my cart loaded up with the following:

GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P

Mushkin XP 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2GHz

MSI N275GTX TwinFrozr

Any last comments to sway me from this decision? Or does this look good enough to eat? I'll wait a bit before pulling the trigger since I value all your varied opinions.

Thanks again guys!

Ok sorry to dig up this old post, but after hours of research and opinion hunting I've decided that the time is now.

I've got my cart loaded up with the following:

GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P

Mushkin XP 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2GHz

MSI N275GTX TwinFrozr

Any last comments to sway me from this decision? Or does this look good enough to eat? I'll wait a bit before pulling the trigger since I value all your varied opinions.

Thanks again guys!

I think you'll have a real sweet rig when you're done! One of mine is a 955 setup too, it's is on the Asus Crosshair III. I looked at the Gigabyte UD5P for a couple of weeks real hard before the decision to go back to ASUS. I have yet to have a Gigabyte fail me "cough-cough" unless I made it fail on my own. :P