good news

i`ve read that there is a new core i7 will come up but as i understand they will run on lga 1156 check this out (http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/14769/1/)....and there is also news about core i9 : (http://www.tweaktown.com/news/12720/intel_brands_gulftown_as_core_i9/index.html)

i`ve read that there is a new core i7 will come up but as i understand they will run on lga 1156

It's just an i5 with Hyper Threading. Not a big deal really.

It's just an i5 with Hyper Threading. Not a big deal really.

A very negative quote! Im personally looking forward to changing mobo/cpu/ram,even if its only a 10-20% increase in performance.My pc is already pretty fast,so a bump in speed will make me happy :)

Edited by 00stevo

A very negative quote! Im personally looking forward to changing mobo/cpu/ram,even if its only a 10-20% increase in performance.My pc is already pretty fast,so a bump in speed will make me happy :)

Negative? How would that be? Most users have no need for Hyper Threading so it brings nothing to the table over the i5.

Im just saying that the i5/i9 is something to look forward to.Im a bit bored of having to choose socket 775 cpus all the time,and i bet a lot of other people are too,so hyper threading or not,i bet the i5 will be better than core2,so its something to look forward to.

Im just saying that the i5/i9 is something to look forward to.Im a bit bored of having to choose socket 775 cpus all the time,and i bet a lot of other people are too,so hyper threading or not,i bet the i5 will be better than core2,so its something to look forward to.

i agree ..intel killed their 775 cpus and they were fantastic ..it would have been alot better if they still making core 2 as low end i5 will be fast but i think it will be faster than q9650 or even the core 2 extreme ..it would have been a killer move to amd ..having 3 sockets fast low end mid and high end and hardcore..it seems that they wanted to leave the low end and a piece of mid to amd ....i liked core 2..before getting the i7 i wanted q9650 + asus 790i ultra it was a great system but if i wanted to upgrade it i will get a whole new system ..the only thing that makes me hate intel that they make their new technology very expensive ...i saw the performance of the phenom ii it was almost equel to the i7 and the same as core 2..if not better..but the thing that made get x58 that it runs crossfire and sli that is the only thing kept me from getting phenom ii especialy am3

I Think intel would be making a mistake changing the socket Style. Im sure there would be benifitss of having more pins in the proc but to be honest making a different Processor makes for another batch of motherboard, software, and achitecture that have to be made by either the Mobo manufacture or intel themselves driving up the cost of the components to the end user.... Might explain why an I7 costs as much as they do. I don't doubt the I5 or the I9 will cost just as much. The point of my stance on the matter is. "I would love to have an I7 Rig". I have seen the numbers, the bechmarks, and heard the stories of its raw power that an AMD procesor Just does not have. But at 700 to 1500 dollars a whack, and my budget, forget about it. I think of intel could have maybe Halfed that price. I would concider it more. Apparently I have to experience the I7 to belive in it cause that kind of money for a gaming rig is over the top in my opinion.

On the the looser side of the subject what the Hell are they afraid of..... AMD catching up?

Just my opinion.

Edited by boinker