Sign in to follow this  
InCrYsIs

I'm over the iPod

This is what you said. Going by previous posts of your hatred for the iPhone, it's not exactly far fetched to presume that's what you meant. You made yourself look like a fool, now take it like a man.

As in the keyboard is much better than the touch screen from the I Touch/Iphone

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

Let's keep the name calling and personal attack off OCC, ok? Otherwise I'll push the big red button on my iPhone and let everyone have a lil break. ;)

I touch

There is no such thing as the I touch. It's an iPod Touch, unless of course you are referring to the song by the Divinyls, in which case that should be in a totally different topic. :P

This is on weekends and stuff, because he works pretty much all the time.

If he really needs to check his email that often, he should probably invest in a netbook or something. Having email on the iPhone is great, but it's not meant to be used 24/7. The fastest recheck for email is 15 min, though he should probably just set it to manually check. Or look into getting Push service set up for his email (or forward to MobileMe which offers Push).

I work all the time as well; two jobs plus OCC... that combined with email from my family and friends and I find checking my email once an hour is more than enough. *shrug* And anything Earth shattering important, there is text message or an actual phone call.

Wow, this thread is still going?

Yeah, it kind of died off for a little while.

I will NEVER get a phone that doesn't have a physical keyboard. Since it's still a small keyboard I still have to look at it... where you have the muscle memory of where each key is (I am slowly getting that ability with the Touch Pro's keyboard though)

It took me a while to adjust to the iPhone's keyboard for normal use. I still suck with the vertical keyboard, but once it's in landscape I'm thumb typing like crazy. The spell check / auto correct helps out a lot, certainly a lot better to use than that goofy system the RAZR had... I was never able to get the hang of it.

I just refuse to bicker endlessly with those who won't listen and believe that money making gives a company the right to do whatever they want. ;) I acknowledge the Iphone but not the Ipod (unless we're talking about the Touch but then that falls in with the Iphone)

Nobody was ever talking about that...

Nobody was ever talking about that...

I'm pretty certain that Silverfox and a few others (not necessarily you) had made the claim that Apple is doing nothing wrong since they've had great financial success over the last 5 years.

But I don't wanna reopen Pandora's thread, so i'm gonna let Igons be Igons :lol:

to d3: I had a Samsung instinct before this Touch Pro and the horizontal keyboard was decent but still nothing like this keyboard. I never need Auto Correct featues because I don't make mistakes :D. But I commend you being able to tame the beast that is the touchscreen keyboard. They actually have a vertical Iphone style touch keyboard skin for this phone and it does work decent for a quick spit of text like a search term or something. But if I have to type a long entry then I go full throttle on the hardware keyboard

I'm pretty certain that Silverfox and a few others (not necessarily you) had made the claim that Apple is doing nothing wrong since they've had great financial success over the last 5 years.

"Can do no wrong" and "is clearly doing nothing wrong" are two very different things. ;)

to d3: I had a Samsung instinct before this Touch Pro and the horizontal keyboard was decent but still nothing like this keyboard. I never need Auto Correct featues because I don't make mistakes :D. But I commend you being able to tame the beast that is the touchscreen keyboard. They actually have a vertical Iphone style touch keyboard skin for this phone and it does work decent for a quick spit of text like a search term or something. But if I have to type a long entry then I go full throttle on the hardware keyboard

Sometimes I think a Bluetooth keyboard for the iPhone / iPod Touch would be nice... but usually after thinking about it for a bit, I always decide that a Netbook / Hackent0sh / Tablet would be more ideal.

I cannot spell to save my life, so anything that helps is a big plus. :D

"Can do no wrong" and "is clearly doing nothing wrong" are two very different things. ;)

I suppose. I need to be more accepting of other people's opinions :(

I still think there shouldn't be both nano and shuffle lines but I digress. If people really want to buy thaem, it's their blown money. My opinions on Apple improve over time but I still at this point, wouldn't get any of their products.

Sometimes I think a Bluetooth keyboard for the iPhone / iPod Touch would be nice... but usually after thinking about it for a bit, I always decide that a Netbook / Hackent0sh / Tablet would be more ideal.

I cannot spell to save my life, so anything that helps is a big plus. :D

Yeah you're really only giving a crutch to the situation with the BT keyboard. There's a cool app that can make my phone a usb keyboard. I loved the idea of netbooks but now that I discover how to make this phone better and better I'm seeing less and less reason to get a net book.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

IMO the iPhone is a great device because it just has a lot of features and a lot of apps for different needs. However, I simply can't afford the data plan that's mandatory for the iPhone (not even 15 yet), so I just stick to full keyboard phones for texting/calling/IM. I'd love to have an iPhone though; I haven't seen many people who have it and are unhappy with it.

IMO the iPhone is a great device because it just has a lot of features and a lot of apps for different needs. However, I simply can't afford the data plan that's mandatory for the iPhone (not even 15 yet), so I just stick to full keyboard phones for texting/calling/IM. I'd love to have an iPhone though; I haven't seen many people who have it and are unhappy with it.

I love touch screens....for navigational purposes only. I don't even want data entry to be handled by a touch screen, though I do like a device like my phone which types with physical keys but I can drag the screen around any which way via touch (and if I really wanted to, I could use the touchscreen keyboard <_< ). You shouldn't complain about full keyboard phones, IMHO that's the last thing I'd give up for the Iphone.

OMG!

This topic is like a really old grandma on her deathbed with a HUGE inheritance to dish out who just won't die.

It's going around in circles. The fanboys have well and truly had it handed to them, whether they like it or not. This is irrefutable fact I'm afraid, compounded by the fact they have put their hands over their eyes screaming out very loudly "I can't see or hear you, LA LA LA LA and that means I'm still right!".

Sure it does - here's a medal.

23113-RetardMedal.png

Let's wrap this up: the iPhone/iPod in various forms is a highly successful product. You cannot make a 'bad' product sell in these volumes: this is irrefutable fact too, whether your opinion is different or not. You cannot argue this point. If you do try to, you are a boob. A massive, double-F cup boob.

The iPod/iPhone is NOT therefore a perfect product: none of the Apple owners are claiming it to be (though some are borderline fanboys secretly :P), but it is currently the best all-rounder available.

I personally prefer not to use them, and have qualified my position with solid grounds and reasoning. But this is my OPINION. Read that again: OPINION. Got that? No? Let's try once more ...

OPINION

Your opinion is like your

OMG!

This topic is like a really old grandma on her deathbed with a HUGE inheritance to dish out who just won't die.

It's going around in circles. The fanboys have well and truly had it handed to them, whether they like it or not. This is irrefutable fact I'm afraid, compounded by the fact they have put their hands over their eyes screaming out very loudly "I can't see or hear you, LA LA LA LA and that means I'm still right!".

Sure it does - here's a medal.

PICTURE!!

Let's wrap this up: the iPhone/iPod in various forms is a highly successful product. You cannot make a 'bad' product sell in these volumes: this is irrefutable fact too, whether your opinion is different or not. You cannot argue this point. If you do try to, you are a boob. A massive, double-F cup boob.

The iPod/iPhone is NOT therefore a perfect product: none of the Apple owners are claiming it to be (though some are borderline fanboys secretly :P), but it is currently the best all-rounder available.

I personally prefer not to use them, and have qualified my position with solid grounds and reasoning. But this is my OPINION. Read that again: OPINION. Got that? No? Let's try once more ...

OPINION

Your opinion is like your