unknownuser200

explan the difference?

can someone explan the difference to me between the OCZ vertex and the ocz vertex TURBO

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/soli...sata_ii_2_5-ssd

^standard

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/soli...sata_ii_2_5-ssd

turbo

whats the diffence other then a few mbs ?

whats the diffence other then a few mbs ?

One says turbo and costs more.

I don't think you could actually notice the speed difference between them.

The turbo one should give better performance as they are advertising it to have a higher frequency cache speed.

On the smaller drives the speeds aren't that much different 10mb/s it looks like but the 250 gets a decent 50mb/s increase in burst writes but still only like 10mb/s sustained.

Edited by Bigfwd69

I was under the impression the Turbo series was SLC as well... I guess that's incorrect. I wonder how they justify the markup?

Gaming wise i don't think there's much difference at all. Maybe like a 1 or 2 fps. I think the Turbo also has a higher burst speed...

It says it right there:

The Vertex Turbo Series maximizes the potential for ultimate productivity and state-of-the-art computing experience, by increasing both the host clock-speed and the SDR DRAM Cache to 180MHz versus 166MHz on the original series.

Clay, where'd that quote come from?

Although SSD's have come a ways...I do feel that they have a way to come before I'll be buying one. Probably when the 64GB SLCs hit $200 or less -_-

Clay, where'd that quote come from?

Last sentence of the second paragraph of the second link :P

Not that quote, compy's! :lol:

wh-what? I have no idea what you're talking about :whistles:

(must have accidentally clicked the "quote" button on that post from another thread...if you click a quote button and don't actually hit add reply, it stores it until the next time you reply to a thread...any thread. lol)

Gaming wise i don't think there's much difference at all. Maybe like a 1 or 2 fps. I think the Turbo also has a higher burst speed...

The speed of the hard drive will only help loading times. It's not going to change the fps at all, assuming you have a good amount of ram and the system doesn't have to always access the page file.