My bong cooler and cpu lap

The whole setup is very cool (literally!) and now you have added a short explanation it should make more sense to anyone who hasn't seen one before or isn't familiar with the concept. :D

With a bit more money and some creative styling you could easily turn the whole thing into more of a show piece, rather than simply looking like a piece of PVC pipe sticking out of a portable cooler.

Lots of possibilities.

Im already getting close to dewpoint with the high humidity lately. If i were to slushbox my tank i would have to insulate my mobo and vid cards which is way too much work. Plus these k8 processors cold bug anyway. But in a couple weeks im goin for the amd k8 world frequency record. I just got my mobo set up so i can run over 300fsb if needed.

This is a really great mod.

I gotta ask though.

What made you think of it?

The idea has been around for awhile and it works awesome and is cheaper than going TEC or phase change...

My buddy runs a rental place in Red Deer and they have a Airconditioning dealie like that. It's about 48" square and has a 36" fan. The front has cardboard looking pleats that water runs down and cools the air as it passes through. It cools his 10,000sq/ft building and uses less power than a 5,000btu A/C unit.

Aren't those called like "bayou something"?

Or something, like errr... i dunno but they have like a redneck sounding name.

EDIT:

aha!

They're called 'swamp coolers'

:P

We need more bong users on here!!! C'mon ppl MAKE SOME BONGS. If you have a dremel tool and can drill and spread silicone you can build a bong. shouldnt cost more then 50$. I will start working on a How to guide tomarow.

Two question for you:

Open System: Since your system is open, you're subject to anything that might end up in the air. Aren't you concerned that eventually you could start picking up dirt and such that could damage your pump as it goes through?

Pump Head: You've added a significant amount of tubing to your system. Have you noticed a pressure loss?

Great mod other than that though. Those temps are pretty darn impressive in any system, let alone one without a rad :)

Two question for you:

Open System: Since your system is open, you're subject to anything that might end up in the air. Aren't you concerned that eventually you could start picking up dirt and such that could damage your pump as it goes through?

Pump Head: You've added a significant amount of tubing to your system. Have you noticed a pressure loss?

Great mod other than that though. Those temps are pretty darn impressive in any system, let alone one without a rad :)

Well for your first question. You can run a fan filter to prevent this but otherwise occasional maintinence is needed. Pretty simple though i pop off my showerhead top just by sliding it off and plop it on my window seal. Simply slide off the top tube whipe down with damp wrag. Stick tube and showerhead back on... done lol. Uhm well The only time anything will get into the water is when i open my tank. Only other items that could make it past screens n whatnot is the occasional doghair (which floats and pump intake is at bottom) and maybe some dust but most of that would stick to the sides (hints the first step) before it will make it to the water. This might sound complicated but its really not. Also you can add a pump filter if you want i just chose not to.

Now the second question. My mcp355 has 20ft of head stock, the inclusion of xspc res top increases the performance. So uhm no lol my setup uses maybe 6-7 ft of that head. This pump hauls butt youl would never know. O and actually the amount of tubing hasnt really increased because i dont have tubing running everywhere inside my case going to the radiators. Which makes computer maintinence SUPER EASY. O and one more thing, Notice how my pump is really low So the weight of the water is actually pushing into the pump which eases its stress since its not sucking the water its kinda force fed.

Edited by motoray