Mad Cow

temperature sensing fan controller

Do you guys have any recommendations for fan controllers that use temperature measurements to set the fan speeds? thanks

Correct me if I am wrong but there are temp sensors on the motherboards that do that, you just tweak the bios on most of them and thats it. But there is such a thing as temperature sensitive fans. And scyth makes This fan controller. Just search Fan controllers in newegg and you got a nice selection. :)

Me personally. I just look for fans that have sufficiant air flow that are quiet enough for me to sleep around.

And also.. Is this for your laptop or is there a computer that isn't in your sig?

Edited by boinker

i'm actually hoping to use one of these controllers in a side project I've got going. I'm building a hi-fi speaker amplifier, and having the cooling fans running at 12V all the time is loud, unnecessary, and distracting. I could always build a circuit that does this, but I would like to save the time and just buy something premade.

The thing is, I would prefer to get a fan controller that automatically varies the fan speed without input from me as the sensed temperature rises. This feature is what I'm having a difficult time finding.