How does this build sound for gaming?

Avinexis

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just realised a huge huge HUGE mistake...

The motherboard's a Micro ATX. It's already payed for...

*Insert profanity here*

what's wrong with mATX? unless you're gonna do SLI or Crossfire it's not that big of a deal

what's wrong with mATX? unless you're gonna do SLI or Crossfire it's not that big of a deal

I can't find a PSU for it anywhere...and if I can I need to demolish the case to fit the 275 in it =/

Then there's the matter of temperatures, etc.

Gah, I'm so stupid!

Dude here is a really good mid tower case that is compatible with mATX boards:

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP

It seems to have great airflow, and will fit pretty much any ATX power supply. Actually I would even recommend an

Antec TP-750 power supply for your specs. I have the 650 Watt version of this and I love it! Whatever psu you choose, be sure it is 80+ certified to ensure quality(bronze, silver, and gold are even better!). There are alot of cheapies out there that can wind up costing you more in the long run if things start breaking down because of a malfunctioning psu.

Edited by h0MbrE

I've just realised a huge huge HUGE mistake...

It's already payed for...

I'd say you did.... there's nothing I/we can do for you now. You should have came to us sooner, that's not that good of a gaming rig no offense (mainly the CPU/board, gpu is fine but we coulda saved you alot some money) :(

can you swiftly cancel that order??

Edited by IVIYTH0S

OK, first of all... what's the point of asking for advice AFTER you order?

Second... so the problem is that you bought a mATX motherboard? Am I understanding that right? Why is that a problem? You can use an ATX power supply with a mATX board, you know that, right? Also, you can put a mATX board in an ATX case as well. So you can just get an ATX power supply and an ATX case and be all set, from the sounds of it. So I don't see why this is a problem unless you just didn't want that particular board for some reason.

Sounds like you definitely should have waited to order until you got some answers back here, though.

OK, first of all... what's the point of asking for advice AFTER you order?

Second... so the problem is that you bought a mATX motherboard? Am I understanding that right? Why is that a problem? You can use an ATX power supply with a mATX board, you know that, right? Also, you can put a mATX board in an ATX case as well. So you can just get an ATX power supply and an ATX case and be all set, from the sounds of it. So I don't see why this is a problem unless you just didn't want that particular board for some reason.

Sounds like you definitely should have waited to order until you got some answers back here, though.

I'll be honest, I'm actually using the aforementioned PC to type this message. I ordered it before I registered on these forums. It was one of those "Oh...I think I just made a huge mistake and there's no going back" kind of reactions because I didn't realise mATX was backwards compatible, but now I know that I've calmed down.

I originally asked what the rig was like because I wanted to see how it measured up, and whether I could make any small revisions. I was just worried I'd wasted

Edited by Danrik

I'll be honest, I'm actually using the aforementioned PC to type this message. I ordered it before I registered on these forums. It was one of those "Oh...I think I just made a huge mistake and there's no going back" kind of reactions because I didn't realise mATX was backwards compatible, but now I know that I've calmed down.

I originally asked what the rig was like because I wanted to see how it measured up, and whether I could make any small revisions. I was just worried I'd wasted

Edited by IVIYTH0S