Intel Q9400 or Intel E8400

Hi Guys, I need a little advice. I'm at a crossroads with the Intel Q9400 at $180 or the Intel E8400 at $167. Could you please help. I'm leaning towards the E8400, can anyone give me a nudge? Thanks for your response.

Both are good CPU's but I spotted a better deal than both of these you mentioned. It isi at:

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_r...=nav_byopc_proc

They were selling a Q9550 for $169.99 I am not certain if they are available for mail purchase.

As for the E8400. That is a great CPU. I own one and love it. It plays all the games perfectly. It gives me a vista rating (CPU Only) of 5.7 I have it with an older model Asus EN8800GT 1GB version. It doesn't overclock well with that system but at stock speed works wonderfully. It will play any game. (including Crysis at 46 FPS) My setup got me a 3DMark06 rating of 12100. Admittedly that is not the fastest setup on the block but it is rated as a common game rated machine and I'm happy since I bought it cheap.

Both are good CPU's but I spotted a better deal than both of these you mentioned. It isi at:

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_r...=nav_byopc_proc

They were selling a Q9550 for $169.99 I am not certain if they are available for mail purchase.

As for the E8400. That is a great CPU. I own one and love it. It plays all the games perfectly. It gives me a vista rating (CPU Only) of 5.7 I have it with an older model Asus EN8800GT 1GB version. It doesn't overclock well with that system but at stock speed works wonderfully. It will play any game. (including Crysis at 46 FPS) My setup got me a 3DMark06 rating of 12100. Admittedly that is not the fastest setup on the block but it is rated as a common game rated machine and I'm happy since I bought it cheap.

Thanks for the replay. I have a Q9550 in my system and I love it. The E8400 would be for my 13 yr old. That is a good price I got mine for $270 about 6 months ago.

I vote E8400. The days of quad-cores will get here, but I don't think they're here yet. For most people's use, a faster dual-core is still the better choice if you have to choose.

E8400 all the way. awesome processor and you def. wont be disappointed. Ive had both the E8400 and the Q9550 and the quad is good but if you're goinna go quad core i'd either go with a Phenom II X4 or an i7