Best glue for plastics

RaPiDo987

So, i recently broke my side mirror by reversing into a pole... <_< I'm too cheap to buy a new one so i decided to glue the plastics together....

What would be the best glue out the to hold it in place?

post-65729-1248496854_thumb.jpg

My favorite glue is something called blue magic I think, not sure on the name but it is amazing and would definitely work for you, I used it to glue my headphones back together when they snapped about a year ago and they are still holding strong.

Edit: found it, guess it isn't a real glue necessarily, says vinyl repair adhesive... great for headphones though.

Went ahead and took a picture because I couldn't seem to google it, guess it isn't popular.

Edited by Deathmineral

It's really just an example... you can get 2-part epoxy all over the world... it's really just a visual aid to help you find other brands

Sometimes it's handy to fill in the Location part of your profile to get more region specific answers :)

In Estonia there's a similar thing called EPO 2... it's real strong. It comes in white and black versions. I've repaired some minor stuff (like the plastic front fender etc) on my Moskvich 412 wich i use for racing on the field.

Edited by PingoPongo

Yeah an epoxy would be definitely be the way to go if you want an almost permanent adhesion, if not then there are hundreds of other glue/adhesive options you can try with various success rates...

This one is only in uk..... :(

Thanks guys for the responses....

Huh I can get that same exact brand down at my local Home Depot... Mustn't be in your area then. Might not be the same brand though not sure on that I'd have to dig mine up the the tube looks exactly the same as the one in the first pic.

Edited by Compxpert

How about racing tape. I have seen race teams using it.

This exotic tape is like no other on the market.

Some people in the know, call This exotic tape stuff by It's universal name. "DUCT TAPE"

How about racing tape. I have seen race teams using it.

This exotic tape is like no other on the market.

Some people in the know, call This exotic tape stuff by It's universal name. "DUCT TAPE"

lol.... Run out... It's being held up with packaging tape at the moment....