PaiN

Pre-ordered Windows7?

I pre-ordered Windows7 upgrade the other night.

I have not used Win7 betas, I've only seen it briefly on a friends test system, so maybe this is a stupid question. Sorry if it is :blush:

When I was making the order I only saw three version options. I ordered the "Home Premium" upgrade. The question is I run a Vista 64bit and I definitely want to continue running a 64bit OS. I realized after I ordered that I didn't see a 64bit option. So, does the Win7 upgrade automatically detect 32/64bit and install the same? Is there an option for 32/64bit when installing? Or did I make a mistake and have to get in touch with MS for a 64bit version.

tx

those come with both 32 and 64 bit you chose which one you want when you install it...;)

those come with both 32 and 64 bit you chose which one you want when you install it...;)

Awesome, I didn't know that!

Great :D ...and thanks

If I've understood things correctly, if you have a 32-bit vista, you could still upgrade to 64-bit windows 7. Since almost all new computers have 4 GB, and I dont see any disadvantages with 64-bit, why would you want to install 32-bit?

Edited by Jump4h

If I've understood things correctly, if you have a 32-bit vista, you could still upgrade to 64-bit windows 7. Since almost all new computers have 4 GB, and I dont see any disadvantages with 64-bit, why would you want to install 32-bit?

You must have read the post wrong.

The question is I run a Vista 64bit and I definitely want to continue running a 64bit OS.

He wants to keep using a 64 bit OS.

Edited by mknwatt

I have used 32-bit for years because i have never reached the memory limit.Im now on the brink(sig),especially since my next gfx card will have 1GB memory minimum.64-bit imo will take over in as little as 12 months.

umm what?

I would agree with his statement as most any device you have now is 64-bit compatible. There are only 2 reasons you wouldn't want 64-bit which amount to an unsupported device or your computer doesn't support it. (Athlon socket A and P4 non EM64T)