9800gt Overscan B.S.

So here is my problem, on a new p45 q6600 machine im building in vista x64 when I change to the native resolution via nvidia control panel (1366x768)@60hz on my 32" proscan monitor it switches to that setting but i can barely see my start button\toolbar and the rest of the desktop has the same problem being "stretched". I can run 1280x720@60hz no problem cause within nvidia control panel the resize your desktop tool is "selectable" and I simply adjust it and problem solved, but after applying 1366x768@60hz that functions litterally vanishes!(on most recent july 21st 190.38 drivers!)

I have searched and searched with no luck found near solutions but mostly regarding the 8-series cards and windows xp....this is using a gigabyte 9800gt 512mb basically a 8800gt re-hash.

BTW this is on a HDMI connection, using the vga connection the problem is non existant, I almost wanna just drop it and use dated vga!

Thanks!

There's no advantage of using HDMI over VGA @ that resolution. Unless of course you need the audio & video in one cable.

dvi-vs vga

"Using VGA, the signal from the CPU is converted to VGA by the video adapter and sent to a monitor with VGA input.

The conversion to VGA causes some loss of quality.

With DVI the signal is not converted (kept digital) and sent to the DVI input on the monitor."----some dude on tom's hardware lol?

even if this guy is right is it such a little difference that it's not worth the hassle?

Thanks

even if this guy is right is it such a little difference that it's not worth the hassle?

Not worth the hassle IMO. Unless this was for professional purposes of course. But that's a different matter.

Lol my cousin has a similar problem.He can set his res(1366x768)and then the screen will go off and he has to use the tv controls to bring the picture back in.He has to do this every time he exits a game,turns the tv off,or anyhing that intterups the signal.But on my ATI card,there is no such problems.An Nvidia bug maybe?