Mac VS Pc

I've heard you can play most new games on a mac too
Did someone at the Apple Store tell you that? LOL. Yes, you can game on a mac if you install Windows on it...but if you're going to do that, you might as well save yourself money and build a PC.

Mac Hate This is a warning to you, I've used macs and I don't mind them but I never owned.
lol, hadn't seen that one. Brilliant!

it wasn't that funny unless u like seeing two guys kiss..... and if YOU'RE the one using the word MEANY? you might be gay lol
Learn2Read. He posted the second video, not the first video.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. I've recently really been wanting to purchase an iMac 24" for 1500.00 from best buy. I've never owned or really personally used a Mac so I could use someone's help possibly telling me some pros and cons of buying a Mac. the only thing im really gonna use this pc for is the internet and photos and music and watching videos on youtube, etc. I've heard you can play most new games on a mac too but I never have so i woudln't really know what to expect which is why im asking you guys. I also wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this but w/e. Thanks for the help guys.

i don't understand mac so it confuses me that the entertainment and marketing industries are really heavily vested in mac systems. my good friend owns a sign shop and does alot of original graphics design and swears his mac platform is the right thing for that application but i think i can do whatever he can with the right software ? right ? when i was a younger man there was the amiga platform that was bought and dismantled by compaq but amiga did everything and more that mac does today and that was 25 years ago....i don't get it...? :huh:

i'll stick with the ibm clone thank you, they're just easier

Other than that the only problem I have with Mac is the inability to drag and drop. The only reason I don't have one is I don't think I'm cool enough to own one and I never want to buy a pre-built system again.

Where did you get that little tidbit? You can drag and drop just fine on a Mac. In fact, it even has something called spring loaded folders to specifically make better use of the drag and drop concept.

You don't have to be "cool" to buy a Mac. If the system does what you need it to do, then buy it. Forget about how it serves as a status symbol or what stigma it has.

The iMac is a fantastic computer. However, with such basic needs, you might be better off with a Mac Mini if you're really interested in going the Mac route. That way you can ease into it with your existing peripherals and monitor with minimal investment. If it turns out you don't like Macs, you won't feel as bad about a few hundred dollar investment whereas with an iMac it's a much more expensive investment to regret.

The only time I will wholeheartedly recommend a Mac is when it comes to laptops, but even then it's just with the 13" and 15" Macbook Pros as those are competitively priced (unlike the 17" Macbook Pro). When it comes to desktops I'm on the fence when it comes to Macs since you can get so much more for your money with a PC.

Mac Hate This is a warning to you, I've used macs and I don't mind them but I never owned.

This reminds me of my personal experiance with the Mac computers we had in high school, they would crash using the word processor idk if they fixed that issue but from the way the guy in the video sounded they didn't, the Windows 95 machines only crashed when you tried to do to much on them at once, most of them were 100Mhz Pentium's, mind you this was almost 10 years ago.

i would just get a macmini except i dont have a montior or anything anymore which is the main reason why i wanted the iMac because its all-in-one and i eventually wanna get a mac laptop too but that'll be in the future sometime. i think the 24" iMac with a bose companion 5 setup would be sweet

First off, All these people saying you can't game on MAC OS X are incorrect. There are alot of gaming studios and publishers that support the Mac platform, and I only see it getting bigger for gaming in the future.

EA, and Activision are shipping out games for mac as well now. You can get Call of Duty 4 for Mac OSX, as well as alot of other games http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop...?mco=Njk5OTMxOQ

Granted its nothing as great as the PC has in terms of a line up of games, but there are games out there made for OS X.

Blizzard is another company that has supported the Mac platform since they started developing games, and they continue to support it. Look for Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 to be on the mac platform as well.

The Mac Pros are some serious systems too, expensive but freaking awesome systems.

OS X is a great OS and my next computer is going to be a macbook pro, when I get a better job o.o....

Anyways talk to d3 he is sort of the resident mac guy lurking around here....

flareback- have u ever had any virus' issues with the mac? and have played games on it?

Mac's will soon have the same virus problems like every other os. the root is being released soon so hackers and dummies rejoice

from the sound of it, you dont need an iMAC, as people have suggested, for the tasks you listed, a $300 system will do.

Also, the whole ALLinONE thing, that wares off pretty quick. Once you realise that the display is not all its cracked up to be, or you later decide you DO want to game, you now need another WHOLE setup.

Take a look at this article: iMac Killer

What the article shows is, that for the money, you could build a MUCH MUCH higher spec PC. Obviously it wont be an All-in-one, but if you really are that short of space, perhaps get a laptop instead. And by the sounds of things, a MacBook pro should be in your price range.

Personally, I just dont get the iMac. For what it is, its very very expensive. Cause essentially, your getting laptop components in a desktop. And it dosent end there, you pay laptop prices, get laptop performance (for the most part) and all your really "saving" is that bit of space under your desk where your tower would normally sit.

and by the way, I have the wireless mighty mouse and it's horrible. I can't stand it. The little ball on top is annoying, every time I try to middle click it scrolls just enough that I don't click where I wanted to. And half the time it registers my right clicks as left clicks. And the little scroll ball gets gunked up and needs cleaning to where I can scroll up but not down with it.