Just cleaned out my PC

If you got an air compressor get the attachment that lets you use it to blow air, 100 PSI gets all the dust out.

100 PSI can also physically damage your hardware :rolleyes:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 PSI can also physically damage your hardware :rolleyes:
Indeed it can but its not likely that you'd have the nozzle less than 8-10 inches away when your blasting away at your components...

That's a pretty amazing heat decrease. I didn't know that dust effected the heat that much! :blink:

It never made a difference to me, no matter how bad the dust ever get's for me, I never get higher temps. Even when I blow out all of the dust, my temps don't decrease

I just cleaned out my system and i found a dead rat in there nibbling on some wires, there was also a nest in there but it appeared to be vacant so i put a "For Rent" sign on it then rented it out to a family of cockroach. Should I be worried about any of this? Atleast on the upside my system makes money even when not doing anything.

Edited by Blackninja543

I just cleaned out my system and i found a dead rat in there nibbling on some wires, there was also a nest in there but it appeared to be vacant so i put a "For Rent" sign on it then rented it out to a family of cockroach. Should I be worried about any of this? Atleast on the upside my system makes money even when not doing anything.

Lol :lol:

That's hilarious. But did you do a history check on the roaches? They may leave the place a mess...

It never made a difference to me, no matter how bad the dust ever get's for me, I never get higher temps. Even when I blow out all of the dust, my temps don't decrease
Then you must maintain a computer pretty obsessively.

Even a small amount of dust effects the rotational mass of a fan therefore decreasing its cooling potential.

I've seen computers where the dust and hair in it look like a living thing, crap compacted into so many spaces you wonder how so little suction managed such an impressive feat.

I'm talking about the type of mess where you say out loud "HOW ON EARTH HASN'T THIS CAUGHT ON FIRE!", some of the things I've seen IRL and online are testament to the "Hardiness" of some hardware...

Then you must maintain a computer pretty obsessively.

Even a small amount of dust effects the rotational mass of a fan therefore decreasing its cooling potential.

I've seen computers where the dust and hair in it look like a living thing, crap compacted into so many spaces you wonder how so little suction managed such an impressive feat.

I'm talking about the type of mess where you say out loud "HOW ON EARTH HASN'T THIS CAUGHT ON FIRE!", some of the things I've seen IRL and online are testament to the "Hardiness" of some hardware...

yeah maybe mine never get's bad. I feel like whatever hardware and cooling I get is just a set temperature.

For instance my Q9450 idled at 50C stock clocked and idled at 50C 4ghz idle.

I applied AS5 to my 260's heatsink and saw no decrease in temps.

My old 4870 (reference cooler) never went about 55C, even overclocked and loaded.

Everything just likes staying the same.

My filters take the brunt of all the dust my rig accumulates. I only need to blow out the insides every few months and wash the filters every couple of weeks.