Help with a watercooling setup.

So what I've got so far.

CPU Block

Pump

res

tubing

Rad

I would get a Laing D5 pump but petra's is out of stock. As far as the rest of the setup goes, I don't really know raidiator to go with over another, like company wise I don't really know, I just know I want a duel 120mm.

I guess I'm just looking for advice and suggestions.

Price is not an issue.

Meh, out of stock. Don't order what you don't want just because you want it now. That's my advice. Wait for the Laing. Everyone picks it and I'd assume with good reason.

Petra's always has stock issues, but you could shop around too. Someone's gotta have it in. Also keep in mind that Swiftech sells the same pump too. I'm pretty sure they call it the MCP655.

Guest ajmatson

Stay away from the Micro Res they have a cracking issue. Also wait for the right pump like Verran said or go with the MCP355 which is a pretty decent pump as well.

Stay away from the Micro Res they have a cracking issue. Also wait for the right pump like Verran said or go with the MCP355 which is a pretty decent pump as well.

What sort of cracking issue? only reason i ask is that i have one of these Res's and you know have me slightly concerned.

Thanks for the advice guys, might go with the MCP355 pump and probably just a standard top or just get a MCP655 at a different site. As far as the res goes I just picked that one because I don't care that much about the res just picked it out because it was cheap. I'll probably just go to frozencpu.com or something and order the parts because 90% of petra's stuff is just out of stock, they have a bigger selection on stuff liker res's over their too.

Edited by Gr4vitas

Also was just checking stuff out on frozen cpu, which would you guys suggest the D-Tech Fuzion (v2) or the Swiftech Apogee for my cpu waterblock?

Edit: Turns out frozen cpu is out of stock on the MCP655 as well lmao! They have the more expensive version (the one with the speed adjustment knob) but no way in hell am I spending an extra 20 dollars for a useless feature lol.

Edited by Gr4vitas

I have seen several people have this happen to them.

To me, the reason why it cracked is that he overtightened the top mount and that caused the crack, wasnt a fault with the actual product tbh.

The swiftech res is extremely easy to bleed and fill the system, i had mine completely filled and removed all the bubbles in no time at all.

Guest ajmatson

Possibly but I would never want to take that gamble. BTW the cracks happened at the same place with all of the people that I have hear from. "Everyone over tightening the same screw???? Hmmmmm :)

Possibly but I would never want to take that gamble. BTW the cracks happened at the same place with all of the people that I have hear from. "Everyone over tightening the same screw???? Hmmmmm :)

Well it is only plexi, no metal. :rolleyes:

Go to jab-tech they have the swiftech pump in stock usually, I have purchased stuff with them before only issue I ever had was I ordered 5 fans they sent me 4 I sent them an e-mail and they shipped me out another fan no questions asked.