Koen

Help and comments are appreciated with my 1st custom PC

I like your AMD build MUCH better, however you didn't list the actual model number of the processor you'll be getting. But AMD is a much better decision for this build. Definitely good move. Personally, I'd try to get out of the Asrock board. They're not bad, but there's certainly much better boards out there. I'd try for a Gigabyte, DFI, Foxconn. Something like that. Also, what are the timings on the RAM? The 4890 will be a GREAT video card. The Cooler Master power supply would not be my first choice, but it is way, WAY better than what you had before.

Also, the new screen is a great idea. Getting something that will run 1920x1080 resolution will really make this rig shine. I recently upgraded to a 1920x1080 monitor and I love it. The higher resolution makes things look great.

is this enough info? AMD Black Edition - Processor - 1 x AMD Phenom II X4 955 / 3.2 GHz - Socket AM3 - L3 6 MB - Box

Edited by Koen

is this enough info? AMD Black Edition - Processor - 1 x AMD Phenom II X4 955 / 3.2 GHz - Socket AM3 - L3 6 MB - Box

I'd go with a better motherboard. I recommend a middle to higher class gigabyte board for a good stable overclock. I'v used asrock in the past and there products are sub par at best. A good motherboard is a must to take advantage of that black edition chip. I would think you would be better off with a better motherboard for a good overclock and not get the black edition chip.

I didnt read the past posts but why dont u build it yourself? It's pretty straight forward.

I'd go with a better motherboard. I recommend a middle to higher class gigabyte board for a good stable overclock. I'v used asrock in the past and there products are sub par at best. A good motherboard is a must to take advantage of that black edition chip. I would think you would be better off with a better motherboard for a good overclock and not get the black edition chip.

I didnt read the past posts but why dont u build it yourself? It's pretty straight forward.

what are your propositions for the MB?

what are your propositions for the MB?

* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium w/S 221446

Someone else chime in on a good motherboard for this guy!

I'd say grab up a gigabyte board. Mine is top notch and is extremely overclockable.

The ASRock board is pretty nice, except for the fact that it lacks a voltage regulators heatsink... wich sucks big time imo as they get pretty hot.

EDIT: Id suggest this.

I checked the site.... well found a cheaper but also good one:

BioStar TSeries TA790GX

Edited by PingoPongo

The ASRock board is pretty nice, except for the fact that it lacks a voltage regulators heatsink... wich sucks big time imo as they get pretty hot.

EDIT: Id suggest this.

I checked the site.... well found a cheaper but also good one:

BioStar TSeries TA790GX

I'll have a look....thx for the info

is it just me or do you have two different Cases in that cart.. The CoolerMaster and the Azerty ? ? i might be mistaken though.

That BioStar motherboard is really nice for the price (not an intentional Rhyme :lol: )

I also recommend the Gigabyte board as well.